Feb 14, 2010

This Nice Valentine

Who would have EVER imagined that I would write a St. Valentine's entry? Not me. Then again, who would have imagined that I would last over 13 months with the same dude and still say: "Man, I love that Son of a Bitch" (no pun intended!). Life does turns and goes in very, very interesting ways, now does it. However, the basic, the medular things don't change: I'm still me and I still believe in the same ideals, and probably will always believe in them. Don't believe in Cupids shooting arrows of love at people and all that crap codependant, irresponsible, immature people talk about when they talk about love. Really, someone should shoot them dead.

Like many other St. Valentine days in me life, (if not all of them, but I think not), I spend this day pretty much on my own, sending messages to my friends and thinking about my friends. I guess then some things are hard to change, and when for me St. Valentine is the day to think about friendship, that's pretty much what I keep doing even though now I have a mate. But the day to celebrate love, which is often seen as that thing that pretty much makes sex to be bond to one person only, nah. That phantom is way, waaay overrated! The day to celebrate the weak bond that ties two people to an enslaving situalion, where once the lust starts to fade away (assuming there was sexual lust to begin with), each party feels entitled to demand from the other part a series of benefits and compensations for the services provided so far and still in providing, no matter how consensual, mutual or already unexisting they are. Yes, I'm basically a Halloween-Person myself, so sue me.

Either way, and aside from lust, love and explotation, I was thinking about St. Valentine as the day when you celebrate "love" and why people don't take one of these St.V Days to celebrate their selfesteem. How about that? Instead of making it a "sad day" because they have "no one" or a "Love Sucks" because their heart has been broken so many times, what about making it a "Day of Love because I love myself so fucking much"? for instance, I've a load of work to do with my thesis, but I am gonna celebrate this day with my favorite person in the whole universe: Me. Now, it is a rainy day, or looks like it's gonna rain bad, so I'm not taking meself out, but organize something absolutely fun, like stay home, eat lots of chocolate ice-cream, watch my favorite movies and favorite series (which basically ressume to Supernatural, thank you). I started it already with Supernatural's latest Episode, "My Bloody Valentine" (odd too, because Jensen Ackles recent, and so not successful, but shameful movie had the same title, and in there his charater was totally ripped off from Supernatural, only smashing Sam and Dean into one single mangled, thorn character), which was angsty, even if it contained a very ill managed slashy line, and which clearly will flow into a next episode of Dean-goes-Twilight and pushes Sam away because "he can't go on like that". Hate it when they pull the EMO line.

Later on I plan to do a feet-spa, and maybe even make myself a facial or something. I'll simply indulge my little whims and spoil myself. What will you do Today?

Happy Valentine to all, and Be Your Own Valentine!

No comments: