Apr 15, 2010

Skating on the Edge of the General Scope

Today I finished reading "Dorian Gray", written by Oscar Wilde. The fact that I was disappointed of it didn't came as a surprise, as the book built up my dislike in a constant manner, page after page, paragraph after affected paragraph. I planned to write a commentary on it, but I'm still so upset about it, that I decided to leave it for another day. So, today, instead of a comment on Dorian Gray, I'll fill you in with a few things about thing in general.

There was job, a lot, and I spent quite some time fixing some details in an eternal-trouble project, trying to get through the confusing mind of others. It was upsetting to have to deal with the fucked up way of working of other people, who seem to have never cared about doing things well. However, little ant me pressed my nose to the screen and worked on it until I've ironed out most of the sticky details, without even having to resource to the Nautilus Spiral. That feels good.

Also got an e-mail, quite interesting with a request to the Management to pull back from the moving, along with a signature list. The request was based on a series of observations the company's Safety Brigade, the BERI made. There was an attached presentation completed with pictures were we could see the many problems the building had. The conditions are far worse than I expected, and some of the things we were told at the pep-talk turned out, based on pictures and expert opinion to be a big bucket of balloney. Like they said in "The Skeleton Key", that put some sandpaper up my ass.  I mean, I don't mind losing my office, specially if I get to be in a place where I won't melt every sunny morning, and location wise it means no added hardships for me, and I don't have a car, so they can fuck the parking lot, but in addition to my concerns about the food and medical question, now there's the safety matter, the health thing because climatization is a tale, air flows are poor and light is flawed.

To my horror, there are no 4 elevators, but only 3 and they fit tightly 9 people, and the worse thing the stairwell REALLY,  fits only two people. I kind of knew this, but I thought that meant it fit two people comfortably. No. Thight fit like. If someone slightly thick takes the stairs, there's no way someone fits next to it. The steps are slippery and in some places it turns forming pizza slice-like triangles, which reduces the number of people circulating, and increasing the chances of an accident.

I would be in the 15th floor, how am I supposed to get there safely, and get out of there safely in the case of an emergency?

No comments: