Apr 23, 2021

Connecting with the Tarot

Property of Stormberry
 When I was preparing my April "spread" (I don't really do "spreads"), I decided to try and work to strenghten my connection with Tarot. I wanted to take out my Tarot decks - or one of them, or some of them - and work with them a little everyday. Or every other day or something like that.

You see, I started with one Tarot deck, and then I was pulled into more and more and more. I have been working softly with my decks and usually just pulled one card from the deck and thought about it. But then, when I've got to five decks - and I always pull out all of them - it was taking me minimum one hour just shuffling and pulling one card, because I normally record my readings in my Book of Shadows, or now in my Tarot Journal. Yes, I do that because I like to keep track of what my impression of the cards is, and when each comes up in my readings.

However, I do have been feeling like I want to connect more with the practice of Tarot, and with my decks, but it hasn't really happening. I'm too tired, I'm not feeling it and so on. Or I feel it, but then the time it would take me discourages me. I was thinking that maybe I should pick a deck and work with it, but then I usually feel like asking all of them about "what they think". So, the idea wasn't working. Then, what should I do, because I really want to connect more with them.

Then today, after work, I've got a thought? What if I pick one deck each day at a given moment of the day, and do a spread. I want to give myself a chance to connect with the message of each deck more deeply, not just in a one-card depth.

In my practice, I don't use any kind of spread, and definitively I don't use any of those complex spreads like the Celtic cross or the Tree of Life, and I usually tend to do a 4x4 spread - or I used to in the past - or just go with the flow. I guess I will try to follow this one-deck-a-day plan, and see where it leads me.

No comments: