Oct 26, 2022

Waiting for my new filofax

 

Property of Stormberry
From my shopping cart
at filofax UK

It has taken quite sometime and a lot of luck, but I think my Personal Lockwood Zip Filofax is inching closer to my hands. I ordered this on October 2nd, and it landed on Customs here on October 20th. The tracker page filofax provided me with, showed where it was, because I could never get the tracking number to pop up on Costa Rica's Post Office. So, after a couple of days of no action, I started writing to all available contacts I could find, and on Tuesday, October 25th, I've got a reply to an e-mail I wrote, and got an opening, assuring me that the parcel was in Costa Rica (Yay!), so I had to send the paperwork. They provided a link, but it wasn't working.

That same day, I've got the number of Customer Service, called and got answered really fast. The guy who got my call was wonderful and sent me the paperwork and the address to send the paperwork. So, I printed out the pages, filled them, scanned them and sent it back. But I've got a bit vigilant now, and realized that my e-mail didn't pass through, and the notice was delivered to my spam folder. So I called again, checked and it seems the problem was that I sent some documents on JPG format and not on PDF format. So I printed out the images and rescanned the whole thing, and sent it again. So far, it seems it was gone through.

My purchase could be considered small, in the sense that I didn't order half the shop, with magnetic clips, washi tape, stickers, sticky notes and extra inserts (which I don't really need). For some, it might also seem like I ordered too much, like why order new A-Z coloured tab dividers, when I already have a set, or an extra transparent ruler page marker. For anyone wondering, I ordered those because I know I used them A LOT, like really a lot, so I rather have an extra ruler and an extra set of A-to-Z dividers of the kind I like, for when the ones I'll be using break or tear up beyond repair. And yes, I have also dividers, but those are not black nor colored.

In my personal experience, these products actually last for several years. My problem before was that the personal planners I had weren't made out of leather, so the binders themselves deteriorated before the dividers or the rulers broke (ok, I think I have 3 more personal rulers, but mostly brown or black, and I prefer transparent). My A5 planner is in leather, so I know those binders last so long that the dividers and rulers are gone before the binder ever does.

Unlike what you normally see, I don't plan on making huge set ups. I do plan to print out what I keep currently in my A-to-Z tabs, so I don't need to write it out over and over, and also because in printed version I can reduce the bulk all that info would amount to. I'm still don't want to run amok with inserts and ideas for my new planner before I get it in my hands... but I'm out here planning to get the minimal possible printed out stuff. Which trackers I do want to use, how to fit them in a smaller size and so on.

I plan & hope.

No comments: