Dec 12, 2022

Planning

 

Property of Stormberry

I started a new YouTube channel dedicated to planners and diaries but un Spanish. I was inspired, in part, by my new planner and all the research I did around it, and also in part by the friends I talked about the ordeal of getting my planner. I've met these friends through a book club and through it we've talked about journaling and how do we journal.

In here I have this "thing" about the concept of "journaling". For me, journaling means writing a diary, recording events past and thoughts about things that have happened or I hope to happen, while "keeping a planner" or an agenda is more a matter of... well... planning. I make a difference between planning and recording. With the fanciful spreads of bullet journals and planners - full of painting, collaging and extensive use of stickers - the division between both ideas blur into inexistence.

I found the small slice where I could speak my mind and share a simpler, less decorated, more functional style. My friend Pri told me to break into the Spanish market, for she found there were not enough planner content in Spanish, and so I started. Little by little I started filming and uploading, and then I found myself selecting a date and planning out topics.

I have ideas from here to the end of the year, and then... then I'll have to come up with new ideas. But be it as it may, I am happy I can put this out. Maybe there's someone who can't enjoy videos in English, so they can watch mine. Maybe I can help someone to feel ok with their less than artistic spreads. Maybe I can help someone who doesn't feel like fitting into the bullet journal world. I want to believe I am helping someone, but I also enjoy this.

No comments: