Jul 19, 2010

On These Mondays of Ours

It is Monday, and this is me another day at the office. Aside from a mild case of Addiction-to-Bejeweled, or Match-three-Jewels, this is another of the many Monday's of my life. Back at work after two days spent in blissful "doing nothing"-ness, which is the point of weekends. I rented seven videos at the local blockbuster, and I still wondered when I did, when on Earth will I see them all? Well, this weekend I saw four of them: three on Saturday and one on Sunday. Yeah, Sunday was full with other stuff to do, so I spent pretty much all Sunday watching this 90-minute movie called "Brooklyn's Best". Actually it was quite a movie, if I may say so. Watched "Legion", by the way, and I wish I didn't. That movie is a disaster! Not as bad as Twilight, though, but it is like a bad remastering of Terminator, the first one, but instead of machines, you fight angels. All down to the baby, the bandana on the head and the crappy car, rolling down the desert.

Then again, I picked Legion as one of the "free movies" I could pick, and given the fact that the blockbuster is short on movies (I think it's either filing chapter eleven soon, or the owner just plain want's to liquidate the joint), so there wasn't much to watc of much to lose.

I'm still enraptured by Asa Larsson's novel, I can't deny that, but also get Nin wrap her word arms around me with ther dissection of D.H.Lawrence, delighting me with quotes such as "(...) great religious images are only images of our own experiences, or of our own state of mind and soul" (Nin, 1932).

There is a subtle note in the chaptering of the book, in the rhythm and sequence of topics, in the treatment of them, as Nin places the religious topic right after the sexual one, and as the topic of sex still leaks and inflamates with sickly intention inside religion, in Lawrence, pulling the very resurrection of Christ  - in full flesh - with other carnal topics as if these were the real interpretation, Lawrence's interpretation of this resurrection. It calls upon polygamy, orgies, debauchery and a conception of God and Religion rooted on the penis. Men as the vessels of God and women as unable to get in touch with God if it is not through men. Okay, Lawrence's god is a dick.

There is still book to read in here, more to fall in love with, and Nin never fails to make me fall in love. Then... well, then I'll watch movies and pick another book, from the many patiently waiting for me in my shelves.

No comments: