Jul 24, 2010

A Stormy Saturday

Longer weekends are always better weekends. They give you more time to rest, and sometimes more time to rest is more time to think.

After getting a break yesterday, and running my banking errands in the afternoon, my day today has been freed quite some, which I used up in resting and doing blissful nothing, as one should. Still have some programs, though, but some of them seem quite threatened by the looming rain. Oh yes, when rain comes with vengeance these days, and a big umbrella, rubber boots and an attitude are no longer good, you really consider the options offered by the confort of your own home, particularly those that do not require electricity. Yes, another fact aboutt this particularly vicious rainy season is that power is flickering, the cuts are daily and the constant on-off of it can fry your electrical equipment, which means that if you value your computer or your flat screen TV, you better unplug it. ^_^ Just another reason to love and adore lap tops.

Grass is growing in the backyard like bad habits: fast and strong. Hyperion spends most of his time out somewhere, far away from the Bad Gray Cat that has been bullying him for ages, and the new plants my mother planted in the place of the old ones (it seems I spent some 3 weeks watering weed, which pisses me off) are blooming an doing there thing.

Yesterday I saw some of this movie.,Secret Garden" or some crap like that. Didn't watch much of it, as I can't care less about the subject, but it did intriged me what could anyone see and find so delightful in a garden. It's just a bunch of plants. The "joy of finding new flowers every day" is something completely unphantomable for me, as, really, I don't even notice the flowers in general, I mean, sure, I find delight in pretty flowers here and there, and some arragements here and there, but the idea of taking care of a gardeb, and arrange it with various trees and stuff... that's so useless an activity in my eyes. Oddly I do like flowers, but either the seldom flower that grows where no one can see it, or the ones killed, cut and put in a vase. Maybe flowers and gardens are something you must have inside, for I lack of their appreciation entirely.

But gardens are no longer my concern, and the minds and twist and things fo the brain are not something I wish to dwell on right now. Weekend is for rest, for relax, for a great facial in the comfort of your home, for pampering, movies and fun. So now I'll go an have some for myself.

No comments: