Aug 26, 2010

Fly Away

More often than not, my mind tends to fly away with all kinds of ideas and other crazy fantasies. Other than the eventual three-week-lasting-story that plays over and over in my mind (and boy, are those awesome!), sometimes I get these ideas about something that would be good to put in a book. Such is the sudden idea to write a book about people and pets, in the line of the post I did the day before yesterday... or so on. Not that it wouldn't be a fun idea, but it wouldn't be scientifical, and sure a lot of stupid people would be whining because they have dogs but "are not needy" or have birds but "are not psychos fixed on asphixiating others with their manners" or any other matter. Then, of course, there's the thing that I am a catperson, a quite passionate catlover and that might make me biased towards this beautiful kind. So, even if I state and disclaim the non-scientifical base of the book, there will always be some moron willing to bitch and complain about it.

Then, well, there's the fact that I don't know much about owners of other pets, like reptiles and rocks and wicked stuff, so the book would be quite incomplete.

The thought, however, is quite entertaining, imagining each chapter and the things I could say about this or that pet-lover character.

It doesn't come as a surprise that such amusing ideas come precisely when I should be concentrating on other matters, such as the thesis. Yes, it's getting to my nerves again.

This time the tutor specifically refused to meet us at the one hour both Mile and I can get to the University. No, this man specifically selected an hour when Mile and I are still working. The s.o.b. Since we can't, he suggested we talk it over on the phone. Uhum. Couteroffer was presented today: "How about the e-mail?". The dude is allergic to the e-mails, and I guess it has to do with the fact that we could then have on paper his observations and bring them up again if he changes his mind and sends other suggestions.

Oh well, another day in the struggle.

No comments: