Aug 12, 2010

Writing on a Tight Time-Limit

This is so me. Really. Like I have all these days where I spend the day doing something without rush, I could, break off a bit of time and write in the blog, but when do I write? When I'm before a meeting, when my minutes are counted. Dude, you gara love me. Then again, truth is that, like most of my creative stuff, it works better and comes out better when I'm being time-pressed by other spheres of my life. An escape from an inminent reality? Probably.

Does it happen to any other blogger? I'm curious. And in general, I wonder what the general habits of bloggers are. How do they do it? What's their process? Has anyone else wonder about these matters? I guess there must be a blog out there on "Bloggers and What They Do When Blog and To Blog: Secrets and General Guidelines for Today's Blogger". Say, and what do people like to read when they scout blogs? Personally, what drives me more to a blog (though currently I'm reading only those I follow, and these basically belong to my friends) are the journal-type blogs. Sure, professional blogs can be quite awesome, but there's nothing like the richness of the personal blog.

Still remember the first "blog" I came across. It's impact lasts still. It was a matter of a moment, as I soon lost the link to it, but the memory has accompanied me all these years. It was a blog of white letters, black background (uhhh, any coincidence is just that: a coincidence), and the most astonishing thing about the whole deal was the first entry. It said something like "Today I came out. Yes, I'm a lesbian, and this journal will be about that." I found the whole thing astonishing and amazing out of this world and I wanted to tag the blog and keep reading it (you should see my Favorites! It rolls out like the Sacred Scroll!), but it was in the time when I had this retrograd computer at the office, that broke down on regular basis, froze on you and erased even archives you had saved.

When I first met blogs they weren't blogs, or at least not the ones I saw, but they were Journals. No, not really the livejournal - which brings to me mixed feelings - but down right journals, and it fascinated me - and still does - how people went online and put there, for anyone to read, their lives. I mean, why would anyone do that? Little would I know that I would end up doing the same. Life is funny that way.

No comments: