Mar 20, 2013

Blessed Ostara

It's a Pagan Celebration again, and thus I post for sure ^_^. Today we celebrate Ostara, also known as Vernal Equinox, or Spring Equinox. A year has two equinoxes, one in Spring (Ostara) and one in Autumn (Mabon), and during these days the day and the night are supposed to be of the same lenght. From the Vernal Equinox on - or Ostara - the days become longer than the nights and will remain so until the Autumn Equinox.

Given the situation I've been through since February, I'm taking this celebration as a sign of hope. This year, Ostara means for me that it doesn't matter how long the darkness, the sadness and the difficulties might have been or looked like or felt like, in the natural cycle of life everything evens up, and soon the light, the Sun and the warmth takes over. Goodness doesn't get leveled down by Evil, because Nature in herself is good, but the forces against it, though allowed to exist, do get evened up.

How will I celebrate? Well, I wanted to make little bunny rolls, but there's no flour at home and I've been too busy to get some, and too tired to consider baking bread. So I guess I'll grab my lavender and sage seeds and plant them, then make myself a boiled egg and meditate on the lenghtening of light and how all the positive energy of the universe flows gently into our days to make them better. :-)

No comments: