Jan 14, 2019

Perfume

Source: Google Image Search
The new year has started, and with it, a curious change in preference from my part: I have been feeling drawn to a perfume different from the ones I've been using daily. Though I consider (and still consider) Halloween by Jesus del Pozo as my signature perfume, on my day-to-day I've been normally using other perfumes I've bought a while ago, when I was purchasing the bulk of my cosmetics from Oriflame, a Swedish cosmetic brand that works from a catalogue.

The scents I have on my bathroom counter (I'm not a woman with a dresser table or a vanity, but instead I find it much easier to pack all my stuff on the bathroom counter and deal with it there), are Tenderly Promise, Paradise and Possess, with the first being the one I tend to use the most, due to its subdued scent. And there is nothing wrong with these scents, and I still like them, but...
source: Google Image Seach
source: Google Image Search

Source: Google Image Search
In 2017, when I headed to my annual trip to Budapest - if you remember - my luggage got delayed in Paris, with the inconvenience, that I had put my hand luggage in the check in luggage, thinking it would be easier to maneuver when I got out of the airport, since I planned to stay a lovely night in my favorite city. So, there I was, in beautiful Paris, with no change of clothes and no cosmetics. Air France, of course, was adorable and so kind and considerate, and told me I had up to 100 € to spend in clothing and toiletteries, shall I need them, and they will reimburse me. They did. (And my luggage was back to me three days later, and they still reimbursed me.) Why was that important? Though the temporary loss of my stuff was the root for this topic, I still wanted to make sure you understand that the airline was responsible and spending about it.

Anyway, so there I was, in Paris, with my backpack and in need of clothes and cosmetics. So I went and bough the essentials. I won't go into the details of the clothing because that's not important here, but I'll tell you that part of my essentials include the cosmetics I use for my facial care. In Europe that actually extends to facial and hand care. You see, I live in the tropic, I'm used to a certain (high) level of humidity in the air, so when I get to Europe, the air is too dry for me, and if I don't take care of it, it breaks. This is no exaggeration or outright lie, truly, my skin cann easily break in dry environment. I know this because in the past I used to be more careless about my skin care, and then I had broken, bleeding cuticles, and the skin would also bleed around my nose and the corners of my mouth.

Source: Google Image Search
Being older and wiser now, I did what any sensible person in my situation would, and went to Sephora. There I've got myself some basics, among them a Lancôme honey make-uo remover that, up to this day I have no idea who in Hell am I supposed to use it as a make-up remover. (But it works wonderfully as a cleaning mousse.) I bought a bunch of other stuff (including my first couple of pieces of Kat Von D make up), but a lot of other things were missing. Since I didn't know when would I see back my luggage, I continued my cosmetic search in the ariport (honestly, one of the best places to look for it, since there you can usually find travel sized packs), where I hit the jackpot with a Clinique face care set, which after it became my go-to brand for skin care. Another thing I bought at the airport was a set of 3 mini traveler parfumes of Flower by Kenzo. This parfume used to be my signature scent many, many years ago, and I remembered it with fondness. Life had it, though, that one of the small vials opened during the travel and drenched my few possessions.

Now, if you have smelled Flower by Kenzo, you know it's a strong scent. Now imagine it all spilled into your stuff. I hated it! I couldn't stand the scent. Thankfully, my luggage was delivered to me in three days, so I was back to my old parfume (I think I traveled with y small bottle of Halloween), and a doubled arsenal of skin care. I didn't threw away the remaining parfume, but kept it and wondered if I would be able to ever use it again. Well, come 2019 and I'm back, enamoured with this scent.

I'll go through my minis and then decide whether I want to get myself a full size bottle (the smallest full size, in case I get bored of it again), but so far it looks like 2019 is the Year of Flower.

No comments: