Jun 10, 2019

Mimosa Obssession

Source: The Best Mimosa Recipe
Where has all this started?

The first time I ever had a mimosa was onboard of an Air France transatlantic flight from Caracas or Bogotá to Paris. In that flight I was smitten with one of the hottest flight attendants I've ever met, and whom I shall always cherish in my darkened, little heart.

In that same flight a fellow passanger had approched me at the open bar section and asked me if I wanted a mimosa. I wanted booze, that's what I wanted, so I asked him what was a mimosa. He produced a clear, plastic glass and filled it with orange juice and champagne. If he said something else I have forgotten or I wasn't paying anyt attention, because the flight attendant was also there. I do remember a tidbit about this being a "breakfast drink".

Life came and went, things moved as they always and inevitably do, and the recipe of the mimosa remained stored in my brain, over there, like a ticket tab in a junk box of souvenirs or an old smashbook, until recently I have started feeling like I want to start having brunches on the weekend with friends. I want that experience, of long, lazy, tasty meals that extend on and on, in a beautiful terrace, enjoying the best type of food ever: breakfast food. I tell you, I could happily let go of lunch and diner and instead have three breakfasts every day. Wouldn't that be amazing?

Anyway, as I was into this, researching a bit, and then having friends for my first brunch in ages, the memory of the mimosas came back. Of course! Mimosas are the brunch drink per excellence!

Now, our first brunch was heavenly, but it was actually a late breakfast instead of a brunch... because they had no mimosas. So I've gone thinking about it and decided that I want to start a quest of the best brunch places. First here, of course, locally. I want to make this a project of mine, to find the perfect mimosa place and the most mindblowing brunch menu. Some places are already lining up, and of some I know they have no mimosas, but I am still interested.

This promises to be fun!

No comments: