Sep 22, 2019

Freedom

The second week will start tomorrow, the second week of freedom after I decided to step down from the German lessons I was taking at the Goethe Zentrum. I can't even begin to tell you how happy and relieved I am! I have more time to concentrate on the book we are reading at the Lesenklub, and the language becomes again something enjoyable.

It may have taken me a long time, but I think I stopped in time, before the circumstances and external conditions ruined my relationship with the language. I get out of it in time.

So, here is my lesson to all of you: learn to give up, to let go, to recognize when something is no longer working, and brave up to part ways. It's not easy because a false sense of pride can get in the way, or maybe it's a bit of OCD. We might already be used to it. But be it what it may, remember that keeping up with something that no longer makes you happy is the surest way to get to hate it. So, is it worth to take things to the point when you hate everything when you could step away, walk away and keep sweet, beautiful memories, mazbe even with the chance to come back again to it later, in better terms?

No comments: