Dec 25, 2007

Money

So, I wasn't paid because they haven't paid? Oh cool. And when was I supposed to know that? These people as stupid.

I run through the news these days and nothing really catches my attention. Sarkozy is spending his Christmas in Egypt. Alitalia is flunking... all that goes in my mind is my paying capacity (which is reduced unless I touch my Euros, which I'm reluctant), and the rest of my trip. Vienna is now present more than ever in my mind.

I have a new, dear friend, Laszló. I call him Horseman. There's something about him that drives me to him. He's so gentle!

It's late again, and I should be in bed. Tomorrow we'll attend mass at the Kék Golyó street Lutheran Church. This is one of the few times I can actually go to my church, so I take every available opportunity. My friend, Carrie said something that can be paraphrased like this: God and Jesus are everywhere, not only in Church, but at church you can find the so needed congregation. Not in so many words, but this is the main idea (she's much better articulated).

I wonder if the world is so much different here than back at home... my other home, and if it is not, they why can't we solve our problems the same way?

Some friends of mine were talking about how a University title is completely irrelevant here to get a good job because, according to them, there are no good jobs, no well paying jobs at least, and everybody is poor. Life is different, but I wouldn't say people is poor here. Things are expensive and there are more bills, but life is possible. I feel offended when people dismiss diplomas arguing that "there's people out there with many diplomas starving and unable to get a job". I say, there's people who hasn't found their right timing or are looking at the wrong places and in the worng way. I know that getting a good job is hard, and many times you need "protection" to get somewhere, but I have scanned the Internet, I have seen good enterprises seeking people with experience and skills, AND the diploma to fill some positions, so it is a blatant lie that diplomas are useless. Yes, they are "in the way" if you don't have the experience, but hard work and the strenght to keep going, faith in God, above all, can take you here and anywhere to be where you want to be.

I don't want to be disgustingly rich, or dirty rich, I just want to live well, have no money isues, and be able to support my family, keep them comfortable. I want to be able to help my family as well as my home, my land, my country. I don't need the richness of kings, only the comfort of a good home and the satisfaction that the investment made with me has paid back. I have put my faith on the Lord, and wherever he takes me will bem withouth the slightest of doubts, the best place for me.

It is my believe, however, that God has given us capabilities, and we must put them to good use. Study if we can do it, and make ourselves usefull. Sure, we all complain from time to time, but complain about our lives, our fate after it has been given to us the chance to do something with it, is an insult to God. One must be man enough to face the consequences of what we do with our lives and our capabilities.

1 comment:

dankenzon said...

Matthew 25:14-18