Dec 10, 2007

More Shootings

Shooting at a church in Colorado and a mission training center. Really, what's going on here?

I remember when the saddening thing was hearing about murders, but like ONE person killed another, not these springs of mass shooting and crazy people. In the U.S. it seems it's no longer enough to keep yourself out of trouble and be a good citizen. If you don't go to trouble, trouble is coming to you. How can you be safe? Guns? No, I don't think so. Education, social work, social effort.

I was watching yesterday this movie from Michael Moore called SiCKO. Though I knew the thing was BAD, I was still shocked. I mean, 50 million people with no health insurance? That's bad enough, considering there are countries of less than that in population. Take Iceland: 250 thousand. Hungary: 10 million. Switzerland: 7.3 million. Austria: 8 million. Spain: 45 million.

The movie, however, is about the other 250 million people with health insurance and how they receive REJECTION letters to their treatments becauise they are too expensive. Like, they are not allowed to be cured and treated after they are paying for health?

I have been writing about these topics for a long time now, but this is the first time I see such a documentry gathered. I felt it still fell short on may matters, such as the long wiating list to which people are exposed, the endless battles, the "lost results" and stuff like that.

The end of the DVD I lent was damaged, soi I couldn't see the part about Cuba, nor if there was any other comment on this regards, but I do like to note this loud and clear: If this is a "DEVELOPED COUNTRY", do we still want to become like them? A world where life is impossible? Where people fear illnesses like they did in the medieval times? because really, soon the only health care they will be able to afford will be witchcraft. Santeros and Wiccans will become the new "rich" over there. How is it possible that in such a proud country people allow such mistreat and abuse from the authorities? They freed themselves from the Brits for this? Bad choice...

2 comments:

dankenzon said...

I loved the part where they go Cuba!

dankenzon said...

and also.. you finally saw it!!