Jun 2, 2008

Subtle

It's June. We all know that. The 30th is my birthday. We all know that.

Boss: What kind of smell-stuff you you prefer? These burning slapsh thingies or the burning sticks of inciense?
Me: ... (GO FOR BOOKS!!! BOOKS! I LOVE BOOKS! MEDIEVAL STUFF IS ALWAYS A SURE WINNER!!!) Well... due to my asthma... these burners. They use oils.
Boss: But there are so many of these scents. Which do you like.
Me: (My favorite scent is the "book" scent. Want me to make you a list of books I like? Please? There are some great books on Serbia... Or how about something about Bulgaria? Monasteries in the Middle Ages, or a book by Umberto Eco?) ... China Rain...
Boss: Does it smell like rain? Hahahaha!
Me: (Yeah, like you raining on my party...) Hahaha! No, it's just the name. Like with perfumes, you know? I don't actually smell like Hera, but that's the name of my parfume.
Boss: Really?

In which world does he live in?

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Honey, I doubt he would be able to understand even if you draw it down with bug markers and crayons.

I love the scent of books and handwritten letters. It would be great if someone could make it into a parfume or an environment scent!