Jan 5, 2010

In Vienna

I never, ever thought something like this would happen. I made my reservation in September, the begining of it. My favorite hotel was already booked to capacity, so staying there was nearly impossible, so I looked for similar places around and in the same "price line". I found one: Hotel Kummer. Also on Mariahilfe Straße and quite near to my fave hotel. We went there, the place is beautiful, but guess what? Due to a mistake the hotel was fully booked and there was no room available for us. Okay, so I stress out here that I booked through Booking.com in SEPTEMBER 7th. Oh, but no worries, it's there mistake and they know it, and so they sent us to their five star hotel and paid the cab. Goodie. Please notice that I'm not laughing.

So the cab was paid and we went to this lovely hotel, Hotel de France, really beautiful, minibar is included, the same price we had for the other hotel, of course, but so it happens that the Internet is either free for 24 CONSECUTIVE HOURS or must be paid. Shall I start flipping up now? Yeah, perhaps I should. I mean, I go to Sofia, a capital city in the MIDDLE of the BALKANS where people doesn't even KNOW what English is, less they speak it, where they live in buildings CRUMBLING DOWN and where the paint flakes off the walls. Very simple, poor, honest people, much like I have always depicted the lovely Viktor Krum in my fanfics, and guess what? They had free Internet.

Sure, I've been in more disappointing hotels, but this... this is one fo those that makes me promise myself that in Vienna, it's Pension Hotel Continental or nothing. Trust me: They are THE BEST.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Thank You! ^_^ You are a very good friend!