Jan 28, 2010

Summarizing The Week So Far

After almost a week, maybe less, of not having a clock on my desk, I finally have one now. It's a rather cheap, little "typically Made-in-China" kind with thermometer and hygrometer. Now, if Kari asks me again how cold or how hot is it, I can tell him... as long as he asks me at home. I've been working hard on my agenda, penciling up a lot of tasks and apointments, watching how a rather clear, lightly programmed week packed up to capacity.

Tasks upon tasks, everything written down in pencil so I could change it when it was change, which happens a lot.

In this week, so far, I have got to like my boss even more, as he has proven to me that he does treat me with respect and takes his time to talk to me about the projects I'm holding, explains me his observations, doubts and listens attentively to my explanations, seeking to understand. I realized how blatantly rude and lazy some people are. I had the chance to be amazed by the shamelessness of some people who believe that it is perfectly acceptable to escape responsability by placing the blame of the task on other people, or simply claiming ignorance based on not fulfilling another task, a BASIC TASK anyone should take by granted.

A meeting programed from a while ago was cancelled, and I shouldn't be amazed at seeing someone push so hard to reprogram it when he belongs to group that has done everything in their power to push the meeting appointments further, further, further. I really wanted to concrete that meeting so I could cement down a few things, things that continue to escape, and at the begining I was upset for it. However, when the whole scope downed to me, I realized that it doesn't matter that the meeting won't be held tomorrow, because that was I do now when I'm finishing at the office, and so I can arrange a meeting with my friends, and I did!

Tomorrow I'm meeting a very good friend of mine, taking a coffee and sharing thoughts and small gossip. Things like that make me happy, things like that make my week.

No comments: