Mar 10, 2008

Blocking

This is outrageous. Only today I had to block three profiles out of my Facebook. First there was this absolute asshole from Toronto, some emigrated Hungarian loser who was pushing and pushing for me to friend him. You know, the typical "the more friends I have in my list the cooler I am" kind of LOSER we all hate. The fucker already has like... 400 "friends" and was pushing and pushing for me to accept him (if I don't friend him back, he doesn't get "the point" for me). Well, I don't outcast people at first glance, unless I can tell at first glance that they are a pain in the ass. So, I had no idea who his asshole was (who by the way started with a line like "you will be greatly benefitted if you ad me to your friend's list). He alleged he had read my profile and so he could see we are alike.

(...)

Okay, I have my profile blocked. People only see like... my photo and my name. And that's it. So, how in the fucking hell can he tell we are alike? The ASSHOLE doesn't put his picture (sure he's BUTT-UGLY, or like Carrie says, he's FUCKGLY), doesn't use his real name and doesn't put any real data. Oh, but 15 years ago he found the truth. Okay, I'll try and exercise the "Empathic Listening" from the 7-Fucking-Habits (Eric isn't reading this, right?), and so I gave him a chance. "So, tell me a little bit about you?". I assumed he has seen me through the Hungarian Network, and through it from the group "You Know You Are Hungarian When...", which is the most clever and cool group in the whole universe. Well, I believed he knew it and so I added to the message a "joke question". Specifically: "What have you read? Bulgakov? ^_^" Why is it a joke question? For this:
47. When you are snobby and think that anyone who has not read Dostoyewski and Bulgakow is not an intelligent human being.
^_^ Now you see the joke. Well, ASSHOLE didn't, so he counter attacked saying: "It doesn't matter how many books have you read, but WHAT you read". Okay, how does my question turns into a question of qualtity? (Maybe asshole doesn't speak English or Hungarian well...) So I explained him. "It was meant as a joke, you know, from the list at the group?" He kept on and on with "if I want to know what has he read, I should check on his profile (two non descriptive authors...). Add to it he had been pushing this shit about "fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" and "love is loyalty and commitment" and some third shit. So I was trying to tell him, that, well, things ain't like that, because you can fight for peace, peace doesn't just appear, you have to earn it, add to it, peace without independence is not real peace. Not for me, at least. And then, love is freedom otherwise it's emotional slavery. So I was fed up. I explaned him my point of view one last time and then explained in big, capital letter that "IT WAS A JOKE!! A JOKE!!" the thing about the reading. I told him that I have enough pressure at my work for me to take on Internet discussions with stragers, that I see things are not taking us anywhere, so better stop it, I won't friend him.

Deducing him an unstable character prone to outbursts of violence, I blocked him. I mean, I was sharp, direct and contundent with him, but all in all, I was polite (well, within the paramethers. I never called him an asshole in his face... just told him to wake up and smell the coffee.) Well, he did came back through another profile mixing obsenities in Hungarian with shit in English. Needless to say I blocked that profile too and ran to report him and his message. It was the right thing to do. Okay, I also posted on the Hungarian network for everybody to be aware that he is agressive and ill intentioned. People answered at it. ^_^

So, there go two profiles. Prior to that asshole the only one I had blocked was this troubled girl, Maria José, whom I had the misfortunate luck to meet a few years ago, and who developed and ill obbsession with me. So, in order to stay clean from her comments and prohibit her from seeing my profile, I blocked her. Well, today some Egyptian loser sent me a message that he's in love with this Hungarian girl and he needs advise about out traditions and he "loves me and misses me". Oh man!!! I sent him a polite but dry message telling him that his message was incomprenhensible and intrusive. He shouldn't be asking such personal advises from complete strangers, nor address them so informally (letegezett!!), or display such personal feelings. That he should do better seeking the advise of a friend. Naturally, I immediatelly blocked him.

What's wrong with this people???

I guess it's time to tighten my filters even more. I have met cool people, like Ana Kuka from Portugal (her name in Hungarian is just too funny!!), and Viktória Helga, but does it worth it when there are such assholes out there?

No comments: