May 2, 2010

Yearning for a Good Book

I almost wrote "Yearning for a Good Read", but the truth is that for me a good, a really good read is not an entry in a blog or an article in a magazine or a news paper, it's a book, and those I've been missing for a while now. After the catastrophic experience with "Dorian Gray" I went on picking another book from what hasn't been shipped over of my collection, ending up with "Against Ratzinger", a book that promised to be a good read. It would be, really, if it weren't for the fact that here and there the redaction of it goes short. Now, it could be the translation, but I have bumped into these half sentences quite often and I have to reread them several times to make sure it's not my brain making short circuits, but the text itself which is flawed. The story, itself, however, it's quite interesting and shed light upon quite eyebrow rising elements. Wonder if the writer would rewrite it at the light of the pedophilia related cases.

I've promised to write you my comments about Dorian Gray, but just can't land there yet. No yet, so I guess I'll keep owing you that for a while.

Back to the books, I guess I'm just having a strike of unfulfilling readings, but (hopefully) eventually I'll grab a book that will "grab" me back. In the end I never went to the Book Fair by my favorite Bookstore, interesting, though, since I was really set on going, but never did it. When it comes to books, you also have to be in the right set of mind, otherwise you won't be picking those that truly talk to you. What would I like to read? Something mysterious and dark, gothic, but not some crime story. I'd love to read a ghost story, where could I find a good one?

No comments: