Apr 20, 2012

Gift Pack from L'Occitane

What a wonderful day I had today! I finished a letter for a friend in Malaysia, I received a letter from a friend in Germany - a very thick letter! - had delicious cottage cheese sweet balls for lunch, and then went to post my Malaysian friend's letter. Dear, I hope she gets my letter this time! Just in case I scanned the letter to make sure she gets it either physically or digitally.

In February (or maybe March?) during one of my regular purchases at L'Occitane the salesgirls offered me the L'Occitane Club Card (yes, another frequent buyer card. What a surprise). As part of the benefits of the membership there are discounts, premiums, access to special products, but also in the begining you get a set of "L'Occitane's Best". To get it you have to do a purchase after you receive an e-mail and before the period indicated in the e-mail ends. Well, you don't have to ask me twice, specially when here the products of L'Occitane are much more affordable than in Costa Rica, so I went to buy my beloved handcream, footcream, cuticule cream (all these of Shea Butter) and a daycream of olive oil to better attend my face. (Though the shea butter cream is the best for moisturizing - I can testify! - the olive oil cream helps to keep the needed water in the skin, even in oily skin, without making it oily.) It happens that there was also a promotion to introduce the almond products - most of them slimming, since summer and bikini season is comming! - if you bought products for a given amount. If you weren't a club member, you could buy a the promotional package at a very low price, but if you were a club member, then you've got it for free. Well, what would you think, with my purchase I actually got my "L'Occitane's Best" and my promotional "Almond" gift for the same purchase!

It's amazong, but I feel so set! ^_^ I've a lot of awesome products, and got them for a really unique price -  you gara admit that I did catch a very, very good promotion! - then treated myself with a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant, started working on a really awesome blog-post topic (probably for tomorrow) and went to see a very interesting movie, "Gone", with Amanda Seyfried.

Today's day was... amazing! It's amazing how something simple or how a good handcream and a great deal can make us feel like a million bucks. ^_^

3 comments:

Sartassa said...

I didn't know L'Occitane, is it Hungarian? I used to order at Yves Rocher back in Europe and cannot wait to do so again. Do you know it? Propably your source of cosmetics is better... Hmm. I love Sheabutter by the way, but my favourite creams and lotions are organic argan oil, it's not that cheap but I love the smell plus the idea that it help women in Morrocco to earn their own money.
These presents you got look amazing, I love the smell of almonds (who doesn't). Good for you!!!

Storm Bunny said...

To my knowledge L'Occitane is French, which adds to why I love them so much. I've seen Yves Rocher here, but haven't tried it. Do you recommend it?

I'm not crazy about almonds - nuts are not so mcuh my thing - but I must admit that the scent is pleasant. :-) Just like you, I also love the sociological side of the equation: I'm buying a product that allows women on other parts of the world, to get an independent, honest, dignified livelihood. :-)

Sartassa said...

well I have ordered from Yves Rocher since I was 14 (back then it was mainly makeup but now it's lotions, presents, shower gel and stuff) and have never had problems so far. Most of the time you get some extra presents like lovely tea cups or bags (I love my pink sports bag) when you order more than 30 euros (which is soo easy) and many products are fair trade. I have almost every single one of the Argan Oil series.