Nov 13, 2008

Ficking

I bet you read "fucking" instead of "fIcking", right? And "ficking" is a rather strange word, but precise, never the less. I'm stressed out, truth to be told, and I would love to get the hell out of here, but I can't. Work... well, ain't as much about "work" as about Mr.B. It's still bugging me. Then there's this thesis thing and the tutor's irrational demand to present a daily schedule. Come on, we can't count on him, how are we supposed to do it and keep it? We did a weekly one and he wasn't able to stick to that one either.

We gara read a lot of stuff. I mean, we do get a lot of things, but none of them really fit together to make a decent Diagnosis chapter, and that's getting to my nerves.

So what do I do? I fic. I tried to look for some Supernatural, but nothing I find really fits my needs. Besides, a lot of things are hidden away in impossible sites such as liveournals and so, that only make it into a CSI work to mine out the fic. Then, there's the Wincest everywhere you see, and it's not like I mind, I really love it, but I wanted to read Castiel/Dean. I did found one, in Hungarian, which pleased me greatly, but it was so, so, so POOR! I was gonna sit down and cry bitterly. So I reached for my archives and started readin my own stuff, and ended up working a few (10) pages on "I Dare You To" on the Krumggory first story ("I Dare You To" is a fic in three parts, featuring three different "couples": Krumggory (Viktor/Cedric), Snarry (Snape/Harry) and ... "Drill"? "Braco"? well, Bill/Draco. (hehehehe... Drill, that was a good one!)Currently I'm still working on the first story). Then was making rounds and rounds around "The Peacock", but that kinda doesn't want to come out as I planned. Plus, I didn't realize I had cut all connections to "What Starts Bad Ends Bad".

And so here I am.

BTW, something happened.

Yesterday I bought two pen drives. One tiny one of 4GB (Vassili) and a regular black Kingstone of 8 GB (Bilibin). Kolja accept them with no problem, read them and all, but Omi refuses to acknowledge them. He first asked to install Hyne knows what, which I refused. Then I said yes, but still came with warnings and stuff about not being recognized and lack of proper signatures and Hyne knows what else.

Really, why Omi doesn't want them?

Now, for all, IF you live in Costa Rica, maybe you would like to know this and profit from it. I'll also talk in colones, the local currency. For people who might read this, this is the conversion currency fare:

US$ 1 = C 550 ~
1 € = C 820 ~

Close to my office there's this tiny little computer shop/store where you can't find much. The store's name is "Manía Digital SN). Anyway, I was running out of pen drive space to save my things, so I had to buy PRONTO a new one. I was gonna buy it at UNIVERSAL, which is around 6 blocks from our building and normally takes me 10 to 15 minutes to walk. So I was heading there, at 2.5 blocks from the office, there was this tiny store, and I decided to stop and do a "benchmarking" on pendrive types and prices. I was set on buying something of around 4GB, which was my biggest pendrive at the moment, and it still had space. The people at the store had some of the loveliest pen drives, and the price range was from C 9,000 to C 12,000 for the 4GB and from C 17,000 to C 24,000 for the 8GB. Well, I have not been for a while on the pendrive market, so I had no idea if the price was good or not. I knew that I had a budget for it, and the price seemed fair, truth to be told.

However I went to Universal, because I had to buy DVD +R discs for Laura. There I asked for the pen drives. They had only one type and one brand: Kingstone, black. Most of them were 1GB or 2 GB, which wasn't up for consideration with me. At Manía store the 8 GB Kingstone was the cheapest, selling at 17, 000 colones, at the Universal the SAME pendrive was sold at 46,000. Yes, C29,000 of difference, and let me tell you this: that's money in this country. There are families living monthly from that amount.

Regarding the assitant for Omi, the laptop I want to buy to let Omi rest a little and then have someone to cover for him when I send him to the GBM for pimping, this Acer kid is really growing on me. If I get him, which looks very likely, his name will be Nagi, since I guess I'll get him white (hopefully I can get him white!), and Nagi was usually dressed in white. Besides, Omi and Nagi. ^_^ They make a lovely couple, right? It would certainly be great to have Prodigy on the team along with Bombay.

I asked fro him at the shop, where they said I have to ask for it with two days in advance (so I could get a white one!) and it would cost C300,000. At the Universal it's C330,000, and at RadioShack it goes to C 370,000. Shimmy says I can get him at b-mart for C290,000. I tell you, the price variations are ridiculous. Of course, it's good for us customers, if he have the chance to investigate and "benchmark" as many as possible, but I can't possibly believe the NERV some companies have at charging!

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Por qué que no sea ACER? Mala marca? Yo la he estado revisando, y me parece que está bien. No es una IBM ThinkPad, obvio, pero es buena. Además es chiquitica, apenas para llevarla de viaje y para las giras de la tesis. PC Magazine la listó entre las 40 mejores portátiles, así que diay, digo yo que no está tan pior.

Cómo va todo en San Petesburgo, capital del asalto a mano armada en las tiendas y el robo y secuestro en las calles?