Nov 17, 2008

The "Day of the Chinese"

I wonder if it happens in other countries. In Costa Rica there are holidays and celebrations that belong only to a specific place. Such is "Saint Joseph's day" which is a holiday only for some districts of the capital city, San José. People hate it because one street can make the difference. If your office is in a street instead of another, that could mean that you'll have to go work when people a street up or a street down has a holiday you don't have. Of course, people in other provinces don't have this holiday.

Today the president of China is coming for a few hours to visit our mock of a president. Sorry, but I can't pretend respect for such a slime bastard. The Government decided to close down all streets around the route the Chinese president will take, reason for which people around the premises have been sent home. Since Friday we received the e-mail telling us that we have the day off. Hurray! Three-day-weekend! Kinda cool, huh? It's so sad, though, that this is all made to kiss the Chinese President's ass because our corrupt Government wants to ask for more money.

Hungarian people think their country is rotting away, but they don't know what's like when the country is REALLY rotting away.

Why do I think there's something seriously fishy going on? Well, first of all, everybody knows it. I mean, look at the papers! Recently a study showed that Costa Rica has slid down in the scale of democracy and popular satisfaction. 80% of the people believes that the Government works for only a small part of the population, that power is concentrated in a few hands, and that 2009 will be worse than 2008. I wonder what the other 20% is thinking or where do they live. Or is it that THAT 20% is the little bit where power concentrates? Numbers couldn't be more "Pareto Theorem correct" even if they tried. Only this 20% is taking more than the 80% of wealth. They are taking all of it.

I hate being here, but what can we do to make it better? Ain't easy, but I think I can have a few ideas about how to get under this monster's skin.

I am in "holiday", taking a break, recovering from a splitting migraine that kept me in bed all day yesterday, and trying to work out some sense from the little useful data I have for our thesis. This is breaking our backs, but I don't loose the faith nor the optimism. I'm happy that this is working and moving forward.

Mom's and aunt Zsuzsa's birthday is tomorrow. I've bought Mom a small basket of bath products, which I hope se likes, I put them together specially for her. I was looking for the pear cream of Victoria's Secret which he loves on me, but it was long off the shelves. I've got her a soft pear cream and shower gel from Moi, a lovely, country-styled store that sells Canadian toilettery. I love their products, specially a line of fruit scented toiletteries, which usually include shower gel, body cream, whipped-cream soap, body splash and so. I was thinking in getting Mom a small put-together of these, but this pear scented new line caught my eye and my nose. The scent is lovely and ever so gentle, I'm sure it won't give Mom a headache. Yes, Mom has migraine and I think I have developed it too... maybe genetics get into this. Anyway, Mom is more sensitive than I do and strong scents can trigger her headaches, which is why I had to pick for her something soft. I'll let you know if she liked it!

Two days ago, on Saturday, I went out with Carrie, Víctor, Kate and a friend of Carrie, Andrey, who was also an acquintance of Víctor. Carrie and I wanted to get "our queers" together, but it seems that Costa Rica's gay-fuck-net beat us to it by far. Hell. I think I'll never again try to introduce two gay guys. It's simply amazing how they live their lives, how they hop beds and asses and cocks ever so fast until they finish up jumping from gay man to gay men through a whole country in less than eight years. Hump, hump, hump, fuck, fuck, fuck... it's almost as if the fiction we write is more conservative and less bold than real life for these men. And funny thing is that they feel ever so lonely. Chronically lonely while they are chronically promiscuous. A piece of advise from a straight woman? If you want to stopbeing lonely, you must pay attention to your partner. Not only women like to be taken care of and paid attention to but also men. So, the next time, before they hop into bed, they should consider learning a bit about the guy, or pick the guy by liking him first as a person, and then as a man.

One thing I have learned by walking down the path of one night stands and choosing to be a loner, is that jumping into sex and cutting off the process of learning from the other person, or letting them learn from you, is the surest way to remain lonely. Sometimes someone tries to stick around, which is when you flip the cruel card of "This was a One Night Thing. Move on and live with it". However, if you don't want to reamin lonely, do not take that path. Do not jump in bed without knowing who is the one you are inviting between the sheets.

1 comment:

Sprizouse said...

I think I can have a few ideas about how to get under this monster's skin.

Can't wait to hear them! In the meantime, you can always consult Albert Einstein.