Jan 31, 2008

Annoyance

If you are in my mail list from one of my yahoo.fr addresses, then you may have received a copy of the mail I sent to the people of Adam Hersh Posters. You may wonder what's the story about it. Well, simply put, I have fell in love with this poster made by Theophile-Alexander Steinlen known as "Tourné du Chat Noir". It's not only iconic of Paris, but also of the Parisian boheme, artist life. Today is the Birthday of a dear friend of mine and I wanted to give him something beautiful, something special, and all the meaning that this poster has, our shared love for cats, our love for art, for the creative and artistic evolution of mankind, as well as many perticular aspects of ourselves regarding our environment that are so similar to the story, the meaning of the Chat Noir Café, well, it made of this poster the perfect gift.

I went to Amazon, as always, selected the poster sad because Amazon was not selling it directly, but confident that someone with 4,5 start of rating would deliver the items with the usual Amazon efficiency. I ordered two posters because, well, I wanted one for myself too. Then came the first shock:

Posters: $5,98.
Shipping and handling: $9,97

Okay... the shipping more expensive than the items themselves. But then I booked it under the fact that, me being a Prime Rate Member at Amazon, I was no longer used to shipping and handling rates. I ordered two books from Amazon from the same date, and which hit Miami two days ago and are on the counter here today. I was going to pay a faster shipping for the posters so I would make only one trip when I realized this seller didn't have that option. Deception No.2. When I checked when the items will arrive to Miami, it was for tomorrow, Feb. 1st. That wasn't good either, but I thought my friend might not mind the delay on his present.

I tried to pay the purchases with my Raiffeisen card, but Amazon seems not to like my debit cards, so it smacked them back that same day. I, naturally, in order not to delay the delivery, put the purchases, ALL OF THEM on one of my credit cards. As soon as I received the e-mail that my purchases were shipped, I ran to check them to prealert them at my local courier company. That's when I realized that my books were sent, but the posters were not being shipped. So I went to check on them and the delivery date was moved to Feb 2nd-Feb 5th. Okay, that was LATE for me. I mean, my friend's Birthday is TODAY, Januar 31st, and waiting to get the poster on Feb 5th as the latest in Miami, and then wait 1 to 2 days to get it here was not doable. Yet I believed that with a lot of smiling I could manage and explain my friend that it was not that I forgot his present, but that the perfect present was delayed by the seller. I was Pissed but I could live with it. Deception No.3. I wish ti would have been only up to deception No.3, but Deception No.4 was waiting around the corner.

At the begining of this week I checked on the posters again and the delivery date was delayed yet again. This time it was Feb 5th to Feb. 8th. Well, I was not going to take that, would they delay the delivery of the posters until Christmas? Absolutely not. I wrote both to Adam Hersh Posters and to Amazon requesting to cancel the order since it would not be delivered on the originally offered date. Amazon immediatelly jumped up to help me, sending the cancelling e-mail from my part, since at that point that was all they could do. (So Adam Hersh Posters go TWO e-mails where I cancelled the order.) I received the confirmation of reception of my mail from Amazon, but nothing from the seller. Little later the seller sent me an e-mail telling me that my order was ready to be shipped. They do not listen. Deception No. 5. I wrote the again letting them know that I HAD cancelled the order. No answer, no answer and then, TODAY, two days AFTER I told them again that I wished to cancel my order, and that I had e-mailed them about it, as well as Amazon has told them about it, the tell me that my order had been SHIPPED and furthermore, some lady from the Customer Service Department sent me a mail telling me that my order couldn't be cancelled since it was already processed. Deception No. 6.

Now you may understand the upset (an therefore terribly mistyped) e-mail I sent them promising them I would let the world know what a piece of shit they are.

So please everybody, remember the name, Adam Hersh Posters and stay away from it, and let others know. Or recommend it to people you hate. ^_^

No comments: