Jan 21, 2008

It's not me

I'm so glad I have someone to talk to. I was honestly becoming afraid that maybe it was me, really me the sick one, the delusional who believed the world around me was not measuring up to the minimal quality standards. So many people accepting as good works I would only lable as absolutely mediocre... I do started to doubt myself and believe I was the worng one, and that I didn't grasp my mistake because I was sick in the head. Hyne, I'm treated for stress and some tests even say I suffer a certain degree of schitzotypal personality disorder, so yes, maybe it's all in my head and I envision a kind of quality and a kind of sufficient work that really doesn't exist. It could happen. Perhaps it would have been easier if all the insufficient, crappy documents I have seen parade the last four years would be improved by some nice happy-pill.

Today, needing to pour it out of me before it rots inside my head and poisons me, (and maybe because I hoped I still could be cured), I told my mother about my concerns during supper. Well, if it is some kind of mental illness, my mother shares it with me: indeed the norm today is the crappy work, and it's not only at my work, but it seems to be the trend everywhere. What the hell had just happened to mankind? When did the stupid and lazy took over the world? When have men all become uncapable of any feeling of responsability, any feeling of pride regarding one's job?

Disheartening.

Cellular novels take over literature and books are printed and sold, which have no plot and less any artistic, literary value. No one cares for the basic logical construction of paragraphs or even sentences. Documents go on with strings and strings of word no one reads, no one pays attention to because if they did they would realize who ilogical they are. No one cares for the question of "then what?" because everything is so fleeting, they believe it won't be their responsability.

Markets crash. The economy of the United States is falling into recession, people is losing their money, planes don't work, telecommunication networks fall into pieces, Sprint invested loads of money buying a company with which they can't really merge because the infrastructure, the networks, the markets, the orientation is not compatible. People is dying because a lousy healthcare can't do its job. People die because the doctors can't recongize a flu even if it bites them in the ass. Really, what else must happen for people to start taking their jobs, the things they do seriously?

No comments: