Jan 16, 2008

New Year, New Boss

Today I have finally moved out of that hole called "Service Development Process". No more Juan de Dios, no more Omar Hernández, no more bullshit. Well, not that kind. Up to the last minute I was held up, stopped and made wait, told I couldn't go until my boss got the notice of my moving. Uhum. I made the needed calls and I've got my case moving. I wasn't going to let them delay me any more than needed. I was already a month delayed, so I was no taking no more shit from this process. Juan de Dios was nowhere to be seen since he took a two week vacation by the begining of this week. I guess he was aware that he could no longer touch me, and that I have the means to defend myself from his sneakey attacks, plus they could make more harm to his case than any good to his retrograd, childish nature.

I do find it odd that he chose this moment to take a break from work (ain't like he does any work. More like he took a break from coming to the office... though he doesn't even do that really. Fuck, why does he need vacations? He's not even here and he does jack! Man, really, the only job of bosses is to cash bigger paychecks.), since this week was when the bosses held meetings to decide the New World Order. The last reengineering didn't work, so they have to make a new one before the whole company falls into tiny bits. The word is out that Omar has failed majorly at leading the direction entrusted to him. Manuel Córdoba, my former boss, is more than desperate to get the direction out of his hands and claim his people back. His own little universe, where people stood looking up at him adoringly was shattered by the end of 2006, so he evidently would like this Universe back. It was a well trained pack of loyal followers who though could do nothing, were more useless than a haircut for snakes and stunk at pretty much everything, they would have given their lives for him. Plus, lets be honest, their utter lack of any actual academic and professional knowledge as well as the absolute lack of thinking capabilities made them perfect to not notice the humongus amount of fraud and other "misbehaviors" he has been running on the back.

So, in order to continue with his plan to reclaim the turf he knows, as well as his loyal subdits (I believe not all of them, but the lionine part of them), he has organized these meetings, or have been poking his nose quiete some into it, so he can slam Omar and his people of the head of the direction with a big, bulky rocking ball.

As expected, my coworkers organized a farewel lunch for me. I insisted I didn't want to. I do wanted to eat out with my friends, but only my friends, like we usually do, or like we do when we eat together, for most of the time I lunch alone. Anyway, they organized the lunch at Pizza Hut. To the outrage (SILENT outrage, you mind) I asked for a glass of wine. Naturally, I was the only one to drink. I dunno what's the fuck with this people, haven't they ever heard about eating with wine? Do they think that wine was invented just to drink it when the beer is gone? Wine is not a "bar" drink, it's a drink to take with meals. Red for red meats and white for white meats. Oh well, this is the way they are. Oh, I also did something else that might be tacky and will have them talking ill of me for ages. A piece of mushroom from my pizza fell on my bag. I saw it and instead of placing it on the plate, I really didn't thnk and ate it. Ohhhh... so tacky and distasteful! Oh fuck it, ain't like I did it in a posh restaurant...

My friends usually go to Pizza Hut to play jokes on each other, being the main entertainment to pretend one of us is having a birthday and call on the Pizza Hut crew to sing upon the chosen victim. I feared I would be the victim... and I was. I've got free chocolate cake and a luau silk flowers and straw necklace. Quite colourful, if you ask me. Additionally, the kids got me a green Totto bag. Well, at least it wasn't Nice jewelry. They paid my bill too. It was odd... well, it made me feel a little bad that they paid stuff for me and then bought me something. I mean, I'm the one getting to a better place, I'm the lucky one leaving, I should be the one giving them presents so they don't feel that shitty!

When we got back to the office, Anthony and Tavo helped me move my three boxes to my new place. It was quite fast and... fast. They helped me, carried my stuff up, hugged me and were gone. It was odd again to stand there in a rather tough office, unwelcoming, with three ugly boxes and piling them in the cubicle of my boss. After that I tried to arrange the boxes in the less conspicuous way, and then asked to meet Melania. A woman, who half smiled and was more passive-agressive that she should, helped me find her. Well, at the end Melania found me and we clicked on immediately. We sat down and talked long. She told me a few disturbing things, such as the fact that it seems a lot of not-nice fellows work now with Marco. People nobody else wants. Kinda like a collection of Polinis. Well, that I didn't mind so much. They are under Marco, so I hope Marco can keep them at bay, or keep them out of my hair. I held my tongue tight, and I will have to hold it very tight about my plans to move to Budapest (or Vienna, I know) as soon as I get my thesis... and pay all my debts (which look much on the way of being solved so much sooner than expected).

Today I have learned I hopper from hell into a shark pool. Well, the company is a big shark pool, and I have some experience in keeping them off my tail (plus, I'm not such a big catch, they'll keep of me... hopefully). Besides, as long as I have work to do and God on my case, what can possibly go bad? God got me here, he helped me out, and if I'm here is for a reason. God will manage, all I have to do is work, push that stupid thesis forward and make my best to pick up German and seek a good job at home. ^_^

God takes care of me. Ain't I just the luckiest kid of the block?

No comments: