Sep 29, 2008

The Nerve!

Have I mentioned this case from last week which was about the "I'll ask you to help me with this, which is my job and was assigned to me four weeks ago, but I haven't been able to do it either because I was so busy (my ass!) or because I was so incompetent or I simply didn't want to do it and was deliberately procastinating until either it did itself or I could ask you to do it, which I just did, because really, it was my work but I just didn't do it, and since I'm your boss I can ask you to leave all the other work you have behind and concentrate on this one, because this one is MY work and I can't look bad"? Well, today Mr. Kahuna came back from his well deserved vacations and graced us all with his enlightening presence and was kind enough to tell me:

"I actually expected more from the presentation."

Naturally, I turned to my screen and kept working. It was either laugh in his face or tell him that I would have expected MORE from him than ZILCH when after four weeks of having the assignment on his desk he managed nothing, left no clear instructions about what should be done, what are the premises of the presentation, but above all, for fuck's sake! at least have a backbone of the presentation ready after four weeks, so I could work on it! Of course I made him the backbone and now it's HIS job to fill it up and complete it. As it is, a lot has been done for him. Geez, these are the thanks you get for "helping".

The problem with this Mr. Kahuna is that he really has no idea what does he need to do, so the fact that he "expected more" makes me want to burst in laugher. So, really? And just to enlighten me, what did you "expected"? I bet 50€ that his answer will start with "I don't know". Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! You never know! Hahahahahahahahaha!

I was also tempted to answer:

"I know you think I'm the Oracle of Delphos, and all mysteries of men and gods are revealed to me, and that I can read your mind and find out in there the answers you yourself ignore, but it just isn't so."

One of these days I'll really ansdwer him that, just to see how he reacts.

Well, maybe next time he could ask Lazy Ass to do his job for him. After all, it's been three months and he hasn't sent him back...

No comments: