Sep 17, 2008

Vraiment « Décontracté »

Si mon français était mieux et mon clavier aurai tous les lettres et signes qu'on a bésoin de pour écrire en français, aujourd'hui j'écrirais mon entré en ce langue. Alors, comme mon français c'est vraiment pauvre, et aussi mon clavier hongrois, je va écrire, encore une fois en anglais.

Yes, yes, you are lucky and I'm feeling a bit..."bummed" that my French is still not enough for me to compose a decent, inspired, well written entry. I should really go back to pump it up to a nice, cool, decent level, but right now my mind is kind of on something else. Dude, something entirely else. First of all, I'm LOADED with coke-energy! Weeeeeeee-Heeeeeeee! Had a great Bagel-brealfast, and also pushed up working on the thesis. Got quite a break (well, quite compared to what we've got so far, which is basically ZILCH), and a part of it was thanks to the invaluable help of my one and only, beloved Brother. Man, I love my Brother so much! He's truly and honestly the best, even if back in time I wanted to get rid of him. My Brother is the coolest, best and greatest SIBLING in the whole wide universe. He's so cool, so cool, I actually pity the world for not having a brother as cool as my Brother. Dude, now that I think about it, my birth was kind of unfair for the world. I mean, I have a great mind, great looks, terrific personality, the best of nationalities, all the chances in the world, the greatest of careers, the best of friends and the best brother ever! Not to mention all these paired up with great parents, mindblowing analitical and creative skills, taste, sensitivity and a winner attitude.

I hope great features have many, many samples, otherwise... I've got the best of the world. Oh well, those less fortunate can always look up to me and daydream being me. ^_^

So, great break on the thesis. Hopefully the teacher-adviser will get it in time for tomorrow, to check it out and tell us whether we are heading down the right path or not. (Today after ages and ages of seeking, I've finally found the site of INCOPESCA!) It was a tricky one, but I made it. The "there waiting for me" book I've-almost-discarded-as-useless has proven to be more useful than I have thought. For instance, I had no idea that a lot of the fishes caught are discarded because they lack commercial value, or because fishers prefer to fill their limited onboard container space with more lucrative species. Naturally, that usually means that after the nets are gathered, a lot of dead fish get back to the ocean. Sure that ain't good, but then again these people are poor people, and they really have to decided whether to fill their containters with shrimps and fishes that can bring more bread to the table or go for what they can get in the shorter periods of time possible. A question arise to my mind now: boats gara move with some kind of fuel, and all these people are really, really poor people. No money for school or anything, so how are the fuel prices affecting them? Sure it does affect the time they spend on the sea, as well as how deep they can go, how far, and therefore, the fish-mix they get and the income product of it.

Anyway... anyway...

Anyway I was going to talk about something else, but don't really feel like it anymore. That's what happens when you don't finish a post at once.

I was... feeling like talking about style. Partly because I wished to "de-clutter" my mind from unpleasant topics, and partly because I was running on a coke-rush. Of course, at this time I'm more like "FUCK! What was I thinking! I gara finish this and that!" Which... ain't so lost in time, only I'd love to understand what has possessed me to decide to build it up on pps rather than ... doc... and leave the doc bones done. Sometimes I really have a difficult time understanding myself. Oh, no biggie, really. I may have to cancel some "after work appointments" in order to go home and make it in time, but nothing that "deadly".

This time, talking about "style" comes around the idea of talking about "space". It's truly hard for me to find on the net pictures of the kind of space that pleases me, but when I happened upon this picture, I found myself nodding. I wouldn't use a cow-fur rug, even if the pattern gives the precise "décontracté" air I love, mainly because I do not like that kind of pattern much, and I don't want my livingroom looking like some ranch inhabited by cowboys, and the "all the same whitish coloured walls" are not me either, but picture the structure. Cozy, eficient space use, making some sourt of "nukes", filled with soft furnitures and all kinds of soft textures... just add some tobacco or Siam cat brown to the walls, framed, large Art Nouveau paintings, black-n-white pictures on the side table, a long standing lamp and a beautiful Art Nouveau inspired lamp on a table. Velvet cushions in green, brown and silver and a whole air breathing a carefree spirit living in the middle of beauty and sophistication. Leather bound books where and there, soft jazz music pouring from some unseen sound equipment, more like someone practicing, rought in silence, like talking from an old record rather than disco-like surround system. Unseen tv... unseen modern appliances. Everything scratching and holding into the beginings of the XXth century. Wood and craftmanship. Nature and human forms flwoing together, relaxed and free. Drop your baggage carelessly and fill your lungs with air, shake your wings and fly, tiptoeing on the clounds and the grassblades.

That's the way my home feels. That's what I wish to fervently to go home.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Sometimes I wonder what's the purpose of having a sibling, and I have come to the conclusion that the "siblings" are mainly the invention of the parents so they don't have to take care of children all the time. Siblings are there to keep us occupied, either the good, or the bad way.

The bad thing is that we can't actually give them back. Not that I want to anymore. Brother and I got tired of fighting and decided that getting along is more productive.