Oct 28, 2008

Aesthetic, Really

It's not that I'm negative or anything, but the idea of the Ericsson Tower Tube being "aesthetical" and making people happy for having one in their community... Sure, it looks like some kind of Ritzenhoff flower vase... without the flowers. Allegedly it will fit urban and rural environments. Really. Oh, and they come in different colors. Truth to be told, they look to me like big chimneys, which they are, which are said to "ugly up" the scenary in many industrial places. I find some rather lovely, truth to be told, but only because I've seen them in Hungary and that's excuse enough for me to like them and love them. Then again, given the function they have to have and the inconveniences with the existing towers, which are prone to damage and theft, I'd say this is a nice improvement. But really, who will love something like this in their neighbouthood just for the way it looks? France would be positivelly offended if they've tried to replace the Eiffel Tower by one of these Sandell Towers. The only people that could be happy, I believe, where, maybe a gay community, if you get them one of these towers, cock-shaped, painted in the gay flag colors and with a big sign that would say: "DARE TO DREAM BIG".

Now, if I were an operator, with enough money, I do would install these towers, and make a hell of a publicity to my clients about them: environmental, less polution, easier on the eye, and give away cell-phone pendants with the different forms, sell small models, vases shaped as the towers, penholders with a pen... shaped as the ETT (Ericsson Tower Tube), and make them an icon, until people are totally identified with the towers and love them and think they are the greatest think in town, and celebrities would make a line to held a concert or a photoshooting with them.

But then again, that's that *I* would do, and really, what the fuck do I know about merchandising and selling image, right? Silly, little economist. I should stick to my numbers.

No comments: