Oct 13, 2008

Eagel Eye

Though I have a lot of things to be pissed off about, such as my motherfucking thesis director, who is completely unable to understand that this fucking shit is fucking important, and if he has egged us into this fucking topic, he better STICK to it and work at out rhythm or else (sorry, I had to vent about that, and nice wording just wouldn't do it), or the stupid prick who fell in love with me after I condescendingly went to grab a beer with him and got myself booooored out of my head listening to his ever-so-pitiful shit while excercising an incredible amount of will power I absolutely ignored I had towards tolerance-towards-the-mentally-and-emotionally-impaired to keep myself from standing up and telling him: "For the n-th time, you are not 'a strange guy', you are like thousands more called 'needy, dependant, useless drama queens' insteand of 'men'." --- Okay, I think I do deserve now one of those Hypocrisy Noble Prizes, also know as Peace Noble Prize. (Not like I would EVER accept one of those... Being listed in the same category as that rat Oscar Arias makes my skin crawl back...). Then of course there's the weekly dose of Iván The Epitome of Drama. Her Ladyship's last stunt was through the SMS.

"I do not understand your anger. Would you it explain to me?"

My, my... what makes him think I'm angry? I won't pretend I have no feeling towards him. I still harbor some resentment for the shit he has done, though I have so much stuff in my mind that I have to think actually at the crap he has done in order to evoke the feelings of resentment. Then, of course, there's annoyance, which springs to life each time he calls me or sends me a message. And here I thought I was crystal clear when I told him that I'll be unavailable up to April due to thesis. I must assume that while I meant Swedish Collection crystal when I thought about "crystal clear", he preceived it as crystal meth. No wonder. Anyway, the drama queen presented her weekly piece, but let's just be hopefull and hope against all hope that the carnival is going to another city and the show won't come back.

So, aside from three annoying bastards, my weekend was a blast. I did felt odd at having a Saturday not devoted entirely to the thesis, research, laptop and library environment, typing my fingers away, surrounded by papers what Mile seeks for the missing pieces to put up the perfect paper with information I couldn't possibly graps, and which makes me ever so grateful to have her in my life, here with me doing this thesis. God, bless Mile because she's the best! (Today she's filing our proposal to the Counsil to be approved tomorrow... May God be with us in this...) I'd truly be lost without Mile.

I've been rolling numbers up and down trying to make sense, get them to work and come up with some diagnosis while not having the milestone of it: the tour to the islands, the info from the islands to get this thing rolling. I kinda feeli like taking off on my own, go this Saturday there and see what can be seen around there. God as my witness, I'll do it if we have no other choice.

So, Saturday. I went running some errands to the banks, and one of those was to deposit some money on my Euro account. Life had it so, that when I went to do a little of leisure activities, I actually spent HALF of what I have deposited... T_T. Life is cruel. Thing is that my favorite bookstore had this offer, that if you bought at least two books on the weekend you could get an eco-bag. (A bag made of ecological fabric, some kind of untreated cotton of sorts.) I haven't been over at the bookstore for a while, so what best chance? I went... and ended up with four books... three of them in Spanish and the ONLY one in English a pack I actually picked for my dear friend Sandra Hill. ^_^ It just... called me. The books are cool. One is from Carmen Posadas and it's called "La Bella Otero", which is about a woman who looses all her fortune due to her addiction to gambling, and then gambles about the date of her own death. The other is a book by Nick Hornby, and it's about a guy who pretends to have a kid to score with the ladies, and a kid who needs a father figure and tags along. The last one is a journal, quite graphic and quite interesting. It's a novel by Jeff Kinney and it's called "The Diary of a Whimpy Kid". It's a page turner, mostly due to the language in which it's written, even if it is translated and translated into Spain-Spanish, which ain't the favorite of Latin American readers. ( I still remember how people growled and mocked each time a Dragon Ball movie was Spain-Spanish doubled... Specially when Goku said stuff like "Vamos! A que no puedes cogerme!", which really, only means "Come on! Try to catch me!", but in Costa Rican slang means "Come on! Try to fuck me!").

After the books I went to have some small lunch and then to the movies, packed up with my favorite movie pack: Matinée. It's a kiddie pack, with a small coke, small popcorn and candies. It's the only one with candies, and the only one with the right amount of popcorn I can actually eat. The movie I went to see was Eagle Eye. Kind of have heard of it before, but I basically went because it was the only things that seemed like I could see it, plus the guy was "okay looking". Dude, the guy, Shia LaBeouf-Or-Something is hnnnn-not-tooooo-bad-only-really-not-my-type when he's shave, but unshaven he's You-were-born-to-belong-serve-in-my-bed. Now, I don't need to hear it, I KNOW! But before you go "it's the eyebrows!", think that he keeps his eyebrows but if he shaves I dislike him. So why with beard? I'm not the likes-beards type-o-gal. I actually have always liked the angel-face guys, the softer the better, but this guy... shaven is so unappealing for me, all cheeky, hi-hi, poshy, plastic-looking, while with the beard he becomes rougher, more human and maybe also more mature, less kiddy and someone I can relate to. And then again, shaven he's too "Hollywood" for my liking, but with beard, a little ragged, a little scared, a little poor, a little scratched and rough around the edges... he's ever so... Krummy. So there I go again! I keep falling for this type... and I really liked my old type! T_T

Directed by D.J. Caruso, it delievers, to my unrefined knowledge, an acceptable performance, though a bit stiff here and there. Labeouf does a nice job as Jerry Shaw, but as Ethan, the twin... well, let's just leave it there. Thanks Hyne the "Ethan" parts are few enough not to spoil the movie. Billy Bob Thornton should remember he's not playing Agent Smith, so it's okay to be a bit more "human", yet, it's a "character", not his dream to be an FBI Agent.

The plot in itself is boring, though the action and watching LaBeouf is interesting enough to make me get another ticket to watch him, however, really, it's stupid. I know I'm spoiling the movie, but it already get's spoiled rather fast: a computer deciding to overthrow the Government. Why can't people just come up with something original? Really, some secret organization would have been cooler. It's just so fake, so "Matrix Vista" you are wondering when is Jerry being offered the blue and the red pill, and whether Neo will pop up out of the blue and save the day.

However, that's to LaBeouf's handsome face and other lovely atributes, I had a wonderful time. Looking like that he could even sell me the idea of marriage. So, mostlikely I'll be going to see him again at the movies, buy the DVD on Amazon and wonder for a while why my guy-type has changed from the angel to the roughed up struggling type of man with a soft, bleeding core.

After the movies I happened by Victor's place... my friend, and we chatted and watched FOUR Supernatural chapters in a row from the fourth season. O_O It's so good! We spent hours drooling over Sam and Dean, though he likes Sam better, while Dean is more my kind... ^_^ But we promised that if he get them, we will share and switch on regular basis. What are friends for, right? (And gay friends? To drool together over men, of course.)

"Will you come next week for the next chapter?"
"You can bet your money on it!"

So, probably from now on after thesis I'll have a stop at his place for Supernatural.

Yes, Life is Good.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

It seems like you are my only "regular client". ^_^ Maybe I should start giving you miles or a Frequent Flyer Card. Thanks for reading and commenting, Dude!