Oct 29, 2008

Karma

Maybe I do deserve my boss. I'm such a control freak, I've such high quality standards and such little tolerance towards mediocrity, that have this compelling need to do things right. And so, when someone does something poorly or wrong, I need to point out the problems, and just like my mother, tell them what to do. So it happened with this Quality Team. I proposed the schedule... a part of it, and a presentation with goals, tasks and requirements.

"Why don't you do the 'motivation'? I'd like you to do that and also a little introduction about the group."

O_O

There's a word for me in Costa Rica: SAPA!!!

"Well, I have no idea what the group is about. I believe you should work on that. You requested the group, so you should know better what's for."

...

He has no idea.

"Well, I've no idea. I'm basing this on the ISGA, and so I work over that frame, and so far this is all I've got. I definitively CAN'T do the introduction and motivation... because I've no clear view yet."

And then comes the Proverbial Answer and Observation of His Wiseness:

"You always have objections. You have always more objections than anything else."

I can't believe his nerve!! I just did something I didn't have to, far before schedule (his schedule, not mine, you mind), outlined the agenda for the first three meetings of the team and scheduled the tasks... and when I'm stopping because, really, the rest ain't my job, I am the one with "more objections than anything"? Oh, that's priceless.

Then again, why do I give in to my own impulses and start making HIS JOB in the first place?

Patience, patience... we need to be in his good side for the thesis time, the vacations and the juicy promotion... I gara shoulder it... for now.

No comments: