Nov 3, 2009

Coffeeism

Today is one of those days. Yeah, you know those days, right? Well, today is one of them. The "I need coffee", where that "need" words says "give me coffee or bad things will start to happen. Soon". If you know be, and probably by now you do, you know I'm really more of a Coke-in-the-Morning kind of person, but from time to time I have these.... days happening. Well, today the happening happened to happen. It wouldn't have been so bad or so urgent if it were not for the latest regulation of the office. Oh yeah. The Regulation.

You see, our Regulation states that workers must be in the office (allegedly working, but there's no article in the Regulation making sure of that) from 07:00 hours to 16:36 hours, from Monday to Friday. Tardiness at checking in or early check outs most be, in any case be justified. Yeah, I was thinking the same: how in Hell will you justify leaving at 16:35? Specially now that we have a wicked finger reader clock at the entrance, inside the building? Beats me.

I don't have problems of tardiness, since I'm usually at the office between 06:10 and 06:40 hours. (My dad drives me to the office and he has this thing about a particular parking spot, so we are always insanely early.) However, it happened thas last week an ATM, located inside a building property of the company, was robbed in broad daylight during office hours. As result, The Regulation decided to take away all the keys from all the leased buildings (mine among them) and keep the keys in custody of the Company's Security Personal, which is not the same as the Security Personal at the leased buildings, since those have Private Security Personal. It started yesterday. I arrived first, as usual, at 6:20 and had to sit on the step before the door, reading my book and watching all my coworkers arrive. An interesting observation was that around 70% of them arrive late, late meaning between 7:10 and 7:30. All of them bosses and administrative asistants that love to chew us out for being one minute late or leaving one minute early.

Yesterday the Security Guy arrived at 08:00 hours saying that there was a crash on the road... when he had to come around a park to get here. However he had to go back because he didn't have the right key. We got into the building at 08:20 hours. After that it was decided that it was bullshit, and the Private Security was going to hold the keys to the main door. Oh, I forgot to mention that since we were left OUTSIDE the building none of us could finger-up our arrival.

Today I arrived at 06:10 hours. The idea of getting a good, hot, black coffee in the morning built up on the way to the office, only to find out that it was closed AGAIN. It was freaking cold and I was weating a strap dress and stockings, so hell yeah I was freezing my soul off. This time the Security Personel arrived at 6:50. Still, in the cold, allowed only into the kitchen and curled around by bag and my book, I couldn't stop thinking about a steamy mug of good, rich, dark coffee. I went with some of my coworkers to the local grocery store, and they bought coffee from a machine, but I wasn't just that desperate. Did considered an option, but when I remembered what I've learned at the Britt Coffeetour and from where exactly comes that coffee, I reconsidered.

With half a loaf of bread sparkled with cheese, a coke can and a small box of Complete, I've finally got to my office, boiled water in my trusty electric boiler and poured four big spoonfulls of aromatic coffee into my French Press. Fill it with hot water, put the lid on, wait, push the filter down slowly and serve myself that so deserved, so desired cup of coffee. What on Earth can be better than that? Right now nothing. I love my morning Coffee.

Now, I usually don't do advertizing, BUT if you'd like to taste the coffee I love so much, follow this link and look around their website and online store. CaféBritt.

No comments: