Nov 4, 2009

Half The Energy

I'm falling back with my German, and I mean like I'm REALLY falling back with it. I still have to finish 3 lessons from last week and I've already three lessons form this week put on the waiting list. It is not an excuse that yesterday I've got into a quarrel with my boyfriend (where, as usually I was screaming and throwing acusations to his head and he was dodging them, which made me only madder, because I wanted him to assume, really assume his responsability and the consequences of his actions) because that was yesterday.

Maybe the problem is that I'm down energy wise and need a refill. Perhaps a little foot spa tonight? Yeah, that sounds good.

Perhaps I've too many worries on. Work, thesis, vacation permission signed (though that looks like going on)... Well, a fight came in the worst of moments, but at least my boyfriend ain't a fend like me, so he didn't counter attack with more screaming, just stood there, at the other end of the Skype saying he was sorry. God bless his heart. Really, even if he gets to my nerves, and seems unable to the n-th degree to get that I do not deal well with unpoliteness and blatant lack of attention when attention should be given (such as while speaking...), and so I have to hammer into his skull time and again that this lady requests a minimal of respect, I'm really glad because inspite of this, he does really try.

It doesn't help either that murder has sharply spiked up here. Last Friday a young University student, an 18 year old girl was gunned down at 5 pm in a packed up street in a city part where I have to go often for meetings. Some weeks ago some street vendors were either knifed or gunned down also in broad daylight. Yesterday a few kilometers from where I work three OIJ (like the FBI of Costa Rica) were wounded and one was killed. Two of the suspects were to black men I have seen around before. Not only that, but yesterday too, and blocks away from my job a house was searched by the OIJ based on a tip and found 160 Kg of cocaine from a very dangerous Mexican drug Cartel. This same day, in another location 600 Kg of cocaine were discovered. Same drug Cartel.

So yes, I'm worried to death. I want out. Fast. Now.

Those all were big, big energy withdraws. I need to refil, I need to... spoil myself. Yeah. I think I'll fell on the bed tonight and do really, really nothing. Read my book, watch TV, treat myself with something nice, were loose cotton clothes, leave my hair undone, were no glasses... That will be awesome!

1 comment:

Sartassa said...

Hey Zsuzsanna, hmm if you like we can write in German now and then… maybe I can help you with your studies.
Wow the situation sounds really bad, you should be really careful when walking through the city. It’s amazing and frightening that things like these happen during the day when the sun is shining and the streets are crowded. If I was you I would think twice before leaving the house.
Hugs
P.