Nov 29, 2009

Peaceful Sunday

It seems that letters keep scaring me away. My head is filled with things to say, but instead of writing them down I stare at my sheets of red paper and am afraid of screwing up the critical first three lines. Sometimes I think I should just let it go and chose lined paper, but each time I take one of those I end up throwing the sheet to the wastebasket because the lines bother me. Then, though I've a letter to answer, and am not writing the first one, that first sentence is getting to me. How should I start? It's driving me bonkers. However I'm determinated to write them today and send them away tomorrow. At what time I've no idea, as I'm seem booked all day, but I'll sure find a moment to send them all.

The day started incredibly well. I was up early morning, washed my hair and prepared my breakfast before sitting down to Skype with my boyfriend and tweet away my morning tweet. Picked up my clothes and made myself a good, tasty breakfast with the bread loaf I brought from Limón and a fried egg sided with coke, Béres drops and my financial paper. I was looking for a glass I like, which looks much like a whisky glass, when I found it occupied by this adorable flower. It probably fell from one of the hanging baskets of the yard, and Mom decided to rescue it and keep it living in the whisky glass. It was simply so beautiful that I had to take a picture of it. I still promised Mom to help her buy something she wants on the Internet, taking advantage of the Black Friday, so probably a lot of books on Optimization Theory and some Chomsky ones will be making their way to my "smart address box".

My main tasks for today are replying to my letters and making my Christmas cards. I actually bought the materials for the cards yesterday in the capital city. The main supply, the construction paper, came in a package of 96 sheets in eight different colors. The sheets where interlayered, which I hate, so I opened the package and put all colors together and then ordered them by chromatic order. (Slightly control freak, as you can see.) Thanks to this I realized that the sheets were too thin to make cards out of them, which is why I had to go today to get thicker cardboard for them. I've been working on a few ideas, and I've came up with the main "topic" of this year's cards. Kari asked me to take pictures of them when they are ready so that he can see them here too.

It's been a while since I last prepared something handmade (other than a few pieces of jewelry) so I'm a bit aprehensive, but I wanna try. ^_^ After all, if I screw it up I can do it again, right? Nothing to lose and all the fun to have!!

Today wicked kids dressed up strangely gathered up at my old Highschool. It was so henious I took another route on my way back. Today the day has been warm and the breeze refreshing, the coke was good and the lunch indulging. Today my tasks are beautiful and the day is absolutely peaceful. Today is a good day.

2 comments:

Sartassa said...

aww I love glitter glue! ;)

Sartassa said...

aww I love glitter glue! ;)