Dec 8, 2009

Anneke Van Giersbergen

Today, minutes before the end of my woking day, when I stayed listening to Within Temptation and there, a song I have heard before like a thousand time got to me.



Do you know the feeling? That feeling of sudden Revelation, when something you've seen and you've enjoyed a thousand times before sounds new, unique, powerful and never heard before. It was this song, at the verge of 4:30, pouring as loud as the HP Pavilion I've at the office allowed it, directly into my ears, and I was transfixed, drunk with the sound, wrapped up in the heights of extasis listening with the agony of someone who has found Nirvana and doesn't wish to let it go in 5 minutes.

I searched the voice to find the Siren. Her name is Anneke Van Giersbergen and I've been mesmerized. I totally love her. She's my new favorite Tune.

3 comments:

Traveltina said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome version of Somewhere... I´ve always been thrilled by her voice and the music of Within Temptation. So that´s defnitely mesmerizing! This songs gives me goosbumps and I am glad that I found it because of you!!!

Traveltina said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....I´m sorry for beeing so chaotic. LOL I mean Sharon den Adel as the voice of Within Temptation that I really love but Anneke Van Giersbergen is usually the voice of the band "The Gathering". I have a few CDs of them and she´s really awesome. One of my favorite songs is "Forgotten" from the album "Home". You should listen to it :-)

ohjoana said...

:DDDDDDDD Anneke is my goddess!!! I love her and The Gathering, she is really great and I spend hours listening to her voice. She feature a lot of artists, I also love to listen to her with another artists, and with Sharon del Adel sounds great, I love their sound together.

Really nice post. Once I thought to post about her, but I never did it, I guess I am not with many patient to post things for now, but I'm glad someone did it. You should listen to The Gathering, the last album is already with a new singer, but all back are with Anneke, she also has her own projects now.