Dec 7, 2009

A Bit of Everything

14:48 and I'm feeling like I could use an episode of Supernatural. Now, I'd be watching it instead of writing an entry if I have already had my mind set on which episode I want to watch. I tell you, Supernatural is becoming more of a show you watch because the boys are cute rather than because of the plot. Not like it would be a PWP (plot, what plot?) in the bad sense of the expression (so not all about brainless sex, but rather Seinfield like, no plot, no action and no nothing), but more a case of PWTF (Plot, WHAT THE FUCK???), because, for the love of Heineken, in the name of anything out there to be loved, what's with the episodes? Bad is only topped by worse, and worse by "worser" (this word no not exist!!), and "worser" by Becky. So, while I was trying to make up my mind about whether plung my eyes somewhere into the 5th Season or maybe go back to the 4th, and only because I have seasons 1 to 3 at home, and those were really worth watching (I can't believe I'll say this, but they should just leave Dean dead. I mean, died TWICE and was Supernaturally pulled out of the hole twice? Who is he? Son Goku? And what's next? Fight Saiyans and gather the dragon balls? I mean, really.), I was making a mental review about anything I could write about.

On one had is the fact that I think I won't be able to send out my handmade Christmas Cards, basically due to a technical problem: though I took a fabric-made card as template for size, I can't actually find envelopes for my cards. This is kinda sad, because I really, really wanted to share my "concept" with ms friends, and perhaps next year they could improve on them. Well, that tells you about my uncanny skill for card making. I guess that will be a task for me for next year: "Improve the Card-Making Process".

Then, today I was going to check on my travel list, which is a list I compiled on Excel for me to check every aspect of my travel: reservations, papers, tickets, passport, things that go in the luggage, things that go in the handbag, things that go in the cabin luggage, things that MUST be in the cosmetics bag, and so on. It was compiled through experience, after many trips and after leaving everything at one point or the other. Well, guess who can't find her travel-list? Have checked two pendrives, and the only thing I can think of is that I left it in Nagi, my laptop. Well, Nagi is a sweetheart: he makes sure I've everything I need, starting with Supernatural Episodes for the office and for travel. Hyne, I don't know what would I do without Nagi. I mean, how can anyone travel without a laptop? Specially in a cross-Atlantic trip? It's sheer madness.

At work, I had an INSANE amont of e-mails to save, which I didn't do previously, so I spent a fair amount of my day doing so. There was some work to do, but thanks Heineken it wasn't that much, so I could concentrate on the e-mail thing. You know, it's not like something you "have to do" and will be measured based on that, but it has happened to me so many times that one single, stupid change in the system blows away all my e-mails, that I've taken the compulsive habit of saving them (those that are important). Saving them one by one, mind you, because that's the only way so far I know to do so. Then, as the end of the year nears up, I better take care of business and clear my IN and OUT boxes, save and file everything away, and keep then saving away incoming and outgoing e-mails as they come (and as I should have done it from the begining). In the end, the feeling of looking at the inbox and outbox and see that blessed little note hanging there "No items available", it's Heaven in Outlook. You know the feeling, do you? When the inbox and outbox are EMPTY, with no pending task, no outgoing message, no waiting for anything, no "still having to do" this and that. When everything is filed away and safe, so the threat pf loosing all those important e-mails no longer pends over your head... Then back them up, and you are ... like born again, free of everything.

For some people having loads of e-mails in their inbox, many of them unread, gives them a kind of pleasure I don't really get. I guess it feels something like that of having an overdevelopped amount of friends in your Facebook account or something of the sort. For me, e-mails, even those I love, are a "task", and if I leave them in my inbox is because I still have to deal with them. Answer them, download something from them, comply with a task associated with it, and so on. Some are nice, like the e-mails I receive from my friend Patricia, Sonja and Julie, and though it takes me time, I love reading them and replying to them, with ongoing topics about coffee, how-moronic-diets-are and girl-drinks, just to name some ^_~, but there are others like the ones I get from my boss and his boss, and other people from the company where question takes you back to documents and endless fixing, and typing and calling, and loooooong strings of "you frottin' give me the information I'm requesting or you'll know the Hell, this 'Babe' can stir up for you, Jackass" e-mails.

So, once I answer to my friends or comply to the boss, boss' boss or "whomever", the e-mail gets tagged, saved and filed away. That's the way I work. Then again, when five different people have nothing better to do than send you e-mails one over the other, the whole, comply-answer-tag-save-filen chain gets disrrupted and you simply comply-answer and continue with the rest, hoping to later on find a moment to tag-save-file. Yep, it's a nightmare, and the end of the year seems quite proper for this kind of phenomenon to occur. So I clutch to my lists, my worn, ragged little notepad filled with notes, numbers and lists and keep my thought in order in them. And so the twirl of Supernatural, work, Christmas Cards, Christmas Gifts, Amazon, Aerocasillas and other modern monsters can groan around you, and you can sink there, fight, get blinded, but at some point, the Notepad will pull you out. ^_^

I still need a better, stronger, faster, more modern PDA to replace my many notepads, but so far so good. I'm holding on.

Another bit: Replies. My friend Sartassa made this entry in her blog about Interior Decoration, and I wanted to reply to it, but I couldn't!!!! There was no way to reply. Actually, in her latest entries there's no way to reply. Why is so??? Has she banned us all out? Or is it a bug from Blogger?? Because I happen to have a few inexpensive ideas for a question she posed, but can't share them with her.

1 Hour writing this entry. It's about time I do something else, specially because it's 52 minutes before leaving.

These were the bits of my mind for all of you today. Live long and prosper!

2 comments:

ohjoana said...

I read that you had problems to fit your Christmas cards in the envelopes, so why don't you try to make some envelopes with the size you need? Well, this is a good idea if you don't have hundreds of cards to send ^^ You could make a first one, and then use it to draw the others, then was only necessary to cut and glue, and you also can choose a Christmas paper to make them. This is just an idea to help you.

Have a wonderful week,
Joana

Traveltina said...

I wanted to say the same as Joana did. Why don´t you do your own envelopes? As long as you haven´t a thousand of cards it would be a possibility to send your Christmas Cards! :-) Just an idea...

Anyway....I really like the way you write down your daily stuff and thoughts about everything.... That with the Excel list and email thing could be me.... I am sooo like this. :-) By the way...I really like the idea of that travel excel list! I´m still searching for my financial list I made in excel a long time ok. It was really helpfull!! sigh.

Well, have a wonderful day!