Dec 21, 2009

Home, Sweet, Cold Home

Budapest, cold -?°C. I'm home. It puts a smile on my face to say so, even if it's freaking cold outside, my lips get chapped like nobody's business and I gara tape up my fingers because cold and dry air are lifting up the skin of my cuticles in a rather painful way. Won't even tell you how fucking uncomfortable it feels to be typing right now. But even so, I'm HOME. For three weeks but I guess I gara be happy for whatever I can get.

Well, the travel itself was... interesting, to say the least, Amsterdam was so frott'n cold I wouldn't go outside even if I was paid (so I stayed at the airport the whole five hours), I lost my Hungarian phone's PIN number, which really got me running in circles like crazy, because, come on, a telecommunications economist with no telecommunications access? That's called "shame". I've got my PIN number then (got my Mom to look it up for me), an went then with my boyfriend to see AVATAR.

The movie was interesting to say the least. The topic itself was quite worn and a HUGE commonplace, some "leftover" remake from other movies, but at this point, and maybe from the Costa Rican point of view, it hit home with me. From frame to frame, it got me constantly thinking about "Crucitas", the gold mine Industrias Infinito, from Infinito Gold is trying to put up in our country, with the help of our ever so corrupted President in the middle of an Internationally protected area. Hell, the actions and the speech of our president often makes me think that the "Peace with Nature" thing he seems so fond to promote really means "Rest In Peace with Nature".

In the movie, both Michelle Rodríguez, whom I love, really, and Sigourney Weaver got non-demanding, usual-drift roles, which I really hated. Ms. Weaver got back to the Alien-meets-that-movie-about-talking-with-monkeys and Ms. Rodríguez was back to her boxing-tough-gal-like-a-man roles. It was a shame, I'd say, but still, the movie pulled it out to an average level.

Yesterday then, Kari and I got new glasses at my favorite optical store: Vision Expressz. Here's a picture of my new frames, what do you think? Simple, black, no bling, small, smart, I saw them and loved them.

Atr night we received our friends Emő and Títusz, and prepared for them potato skins, which proved to be an amazing success. Potato skins are tremendously easy to make and everybody fall in love with them almost instantly. It does entails somewhat of preparation, but it's really easy and the taste worths the working on it. I totally love it and nnow Kari is a believer too. We looked also at some pictures of Kari, which was amazing, because I would have never said that he was the kid in the picture. I would have sworn it was somebody else, and somehow I still believe that maybe he has been framed and that's not really him, but they've made him believe that the kid in the picture is him. I mean, minus the plucked eyebrow, I know that the girl in the picture with seaming face, big eyebrows and curly hair is me. Same nose, same mouth, same eyes, but Kari? Really.

Some of our programs had to be reprogrammed, mostly due to the snow. I mean, cars are burried and not even the cab will come up our street, as it is somewhat steep and the snow on it makes it slippery and totally impossible to climb with a car. I still gara do some calls, gara plan some cookies and stuff, still gara call my Grandpa and my Best Friend, among other things, but above all, I'll happy, if freezing, because I'm finally home.

2 comments:

Storm Bunny said...

El corazón está RE-contento a pesar del frío. ^_^

Sartassa said...

hey, your new glasses look nice, I've had a similar pair some time ago.
hmm I thought avatar was ok though I agree with you regarding the female main characters. Still the special effects were breathtaking. I absolutely loved Pandora ;)
hugs
Patricia