Jul 16, 2008

Customer Service

I don't live in the U.S., so, in order to purchase stuff from Internet, I need a "smart address". There are some companies that offer this service, and among them Aeropost, a company in which I keep an account. They basically give you an address in the U.S., in this case in Miami, to which I send all my purchases, and from which they further ship the received packages. Very convenient. Last month, since I was getting a lot of packages, they offered to upgrade my account. My account was the "Basic" account, which meant that I paid $20 per year, and got the higher rates. The new account type was the "Golden Account", in which there was no yearly membership fee, but there was a fix monthly fee of $12, which was deductible from the packages I received, plus my rates were lower. Yes, $1 lower! Add to it, suddenly fees went up and they were charging (additional to the fee) shipping, fuel, insurance, taxes and customs! Question, what the fucking hell was I paying IN the fee? Lunch?

When I moved to the new account, the guy told me that I could move back anytime I wanted, but I had to do it before three months or I would be charged an "account modification" fee. After they free handedly slashed $60 from my account based on "automatic charging", I decided I didn't want the account anymore. The struggle started then. They said first that it was IMPOSSIBLE to undo the automatic charging because it was a condition of the account type. I said that then I did not want the account type. They said I couldn't change it until after three months. When I complained and said that wasn't what I was told, they started arguing that that was the only way it was possible to do it, blah blah, blah. Finally I've got to the guy who made the upgrade, and he nicely undid the undoable automatic charging. He told me that the account must remain for at least one month, which was done between yesterday and today, and after I could downgrade the account. OK.

I called today. Some BITCH went again saying that it was impossible to undo the account before three months and that it was a lie that I would be charged... whatever. I tld her, that was not what I was told, and she said I was lied to, because there was no way I could walk back from an upgrade before three months that that was a company policy.

- May I talk to this guy from Heredia who attended me back then and told me it was possible?
- No, I told you it is company policy.
- Well, his last name is "Angulo". May I get in contact with him?
- José Angulo. He's here in Escazú... hihihi

Yes, SARCASTIC laugher. The bitch.

- Well, since he's there, may I speak with him?

Why was I being so polite, you may ask? Because I was getting really angry. Screaming me means I'm angry. Polite me means I already have a very evil plan of action. She talked to him, and then suddenly was all serious and a bit concerned ("I may have fucked it up" voice) asking me for my name and my account number. Then she communicated me with the guy, and guess what? It seem it was possible to downgrade my account! Who would have thought that would be possible, right? Certainly not that fucking WHORE who should be forbidden from contact with human beings. Stupid whore.

You know, the problem with Customer Service is not as much the "customer" as the service. Call it "Customer Service", "Customer Care", "Customer Experience" or whatever other fucking shit. It's not a matter of fucking names, its a matter of fucking putting here fucking people that fucking care for the fucking clients and have the fucking disposition to be fucking nice to them. That fucking simple.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Now you know why was I advising you against it.