Jul 22, 2008

Substitutes

Due to a series of reasons I will not go detailing in here, I've been changing a bit my eating habits. Bad idea. So I was lying off coke, fast food, most sweets, snacks in favor of water, tea and vegetables, as well as oat meal. Like it has been proved, it's killing me. I don't have that much energy, my stomach is upset and I'm less focused. Well, I can't blame my stomach, he really has the right to complain for not being given his daily share of coke. However, I'm trying to keep this "experiment" a tad more (at least until after the maintenance crew leaves my turf and I can secure my space against aliens who would come for my Precious Liquid), so I have been thinking on ways to keep my system up to my usual leven and away from this endless need to take a long nap. It has to be something natural, healthy and inexpensive (my physical health is usually bound to my financial health).
  1. Ginseng teas don't work
  2. Water doesn't work
  3. Healthy snacks don't work.
  4. Sitting on the floor and working on the floor doesn't work. (Just don't ask...)
  5. Walking a little around doesn't work
  6. Distracting myself with ... O/////O .... I can't believe I wrote all that... doesn't work
  7. Hot cocoa. Hmmm... this seems to work... somehow. (Fuck it, it has milk and the cocoa grows on trees, so it is healthy!)
Oh, I can see you are puzzled, my child. What on EARTH could make me swear off coke? I mean, not even the harshest poverty could keep me from my bottle, right? You are right. I might rather WALK to the office than miss my coke. Then what on Earth...? Well, first I just want to state whether I'm really addicted to it, which I am, but I chose this particular moment because there have been a quite constant series of minor steals at the office. Not stuff like money or equipment... so far, but someone is praying on other people's food. I eliminated my candies and am slowly reducing my vast food inventory to whatever dry thing that would need to be mixed and worked on, to avoid the little rat from profiting from it. People have been left without lunch, desserts have been eaten, breakfasts, mugs used... This is one of the top levels of the company, and really, someone is acting like a common burglar. So, will I leave my Precious alone and unprotected? No Way? Why don't I purchase cans? I've been thinking about it, but I would need to make space where I can safely store them away. I must find the way to keep them save where no one would reach them, and hiding them is not a solution. They have to be locked down. So, can't count on my faithful 2,5 l bottle... which lasted me usually a day.

Have I mentioned anyone how utterly bored I am with this fucking brief? Usually I love it, but I am getting sick of it. Perhaps because I feel it was escaped my hands and I can't turn it into something decent. This is not going the way it should. It is not turning into something to which I could add value, real value, and I can't understand why the only person able to give it the value it can have (well, theoretically able) is not doing a thing to improve it. I'm fucking tired of thinking for the crowd. Really. I don't mean to be mean or anything, but why do I feel like I'm the only one pulling this cart forward? Why am I the only one who can see we are not moving nowhere, the only one pointiong at the root of the problems and the only one able to put a finger on what's missing. Lack of coke, too much coke, lack of coffee, too much coffee, call it whatever you wish to call it, truth is one: I am not crazy. I am not disentangled from reality. I am not fooled either by titles and big speeches: this is REALLY not working, and I have six months of work to prove it.

On other news, I've been having fun with my latest blog. Yes, yet another one. But this one is different! Every time I think of something riduculous or mildly funny, or Woody Allen-ish, I write it down there in a few lines. It's in Hungarian, since the server or whatever is Hungarian, plus I just love my native tongue. It's in the same place where Márton has his... in which he hasn't written since APRIL! Really, even I'm picking up with the GSM Network report, and Márton has access to wireless Internet in the train, so why oh why he doesn't drop a line or two for his readers?

Hey, hot cocoa works. It's not like coke because it doesn't have the cool bubbling that seeps up your nose and tickles you into an outworldly sensation that can take you in a gout into a muted rave party where sound disappears from around and only the carbonated popping sets the rhythm of movement. prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp! a mild expotion that travels up and loads your body and mind with wordless shouts making instant-blossom life and ideas inside you... and while the popping of the drink lives, you are the king, and you mind is open and all great ideas flow in abdn remain silent and expectant while you savor the ultimate joy of a gout of good coke.

No comments: