Aug 16, 2012

Back at the Office

Well, here we are, once again, and as expected, I had to rush like hell to the office because I woke up freaking late. And when I say freaking late I mean that I woke up when I was suposed to leave the office. Thanks to this I made an important scientific discovery, namely, that there's no better way to get fully awayke fast than to realize you are fucking late to school/work/catch a train-plane-bus/any other absolutely important activity linked to time. Of course, maybe my empirical evidence isn't enough, so if there's any volunteer out there willing to take the bullet in the name of the science, we would appreciate it.

Then, after six months, I sat in my car again, and loved it! I love my car sooooo much! Sookie is, indeed the best car in the whole wide planet (though I must admit that I really loved the Volkswagen Polo we rented in Helsinki ^_^). I did notice, however that the steering wheel was quite hard to maneuver. Was it always like this and I never noticed it before, or has my dad done something to it which got it like that? I mean, yes, it isn't a hidraulic steering wheel, but it wasn't that muscle bursting. Anyway, since I was late, I had to step into the gas and drive like a maniac -  which I am not - pushing my driving to 80 kmph, instead of my regular 60 kmph. It had trouble trying to shift into 5th, it kinda didn't get in gear, which was really weird, because my Sookie is butter soft in the gear shifting.

The streets in Costa Rica were also different, particularly the width of the lanes. I realized that indeed in Hungary the lanes are at least 33% narrower to those we get in here. My car is small, I know, but finally I felt like I fit into the lane, instead of feeling like I have to do precision driving worried that I may go scratching the many new cars that pack up the streets of Budapest. No excess of traffic signs, so I only have to pay attention to two or three signs when most, instead of millions of them, all arranged in weird symbols that aren't easy to guess. (The square fried egg got me puzzled for quite a long time.)

If you wonder about the flight, it was nice and uneventfull, with great seats - I particularly enjoyed my Economy Premium seat, though if asked, I might pick the Business class seats next time. :-). The food was terrible, but then again, this was a flight operated by KLM, not Air France, so you can't ask for miracles. Loved that I could get all my boarding passes at once in Budapest, picking out my seats and making changes if I wanted to. :-) I bought a couple of things on board - because there's no meaning for traveling without purchasing - among them a tiny potted red tulip carved in Swarowsky crystal, which ended up being the Mother's Day gift for my Mom (Yesterday was Mother's Day in Costa Rica). She loved it a lot. It is a pretty piece.

I'm particularly happy because I've got seeds in Amsterdam for sage and lavander. Now I can only hope I'll be able to grow these properly, and that neither of these will be hard to grow in here. I've got quite a liking for gardening in Hungary, that I never thought I had.

I've unpacked, but haven't put away my stuff just yet. My old closet is still full of clothes, I don't have a desk anymore - my oldest nephew claimed it for himself, and I'm happy to give it to him, specially because it used to belong to his dad ^_^ - and I'm lacking storage space, order and ... a general flow of daily life in the room. Hell, I have a "my room" now, instead of an "our apartment". I have a "my bed", instead of an "our bed", and that was particularly awesome! I slept again, for the first time in eight months in the very center of the bed, with LOTS of space to turn around, and I loved it!

Office, just like home, was actually waiting for me full of stuffs. Lots of pens and pencils, pilot pens and post its. The laptops were also here - though I had to wait for a coworker of mine to get to the office so she could give it back to me, but since it was formatted, I had to call in to get it usable again. The IT department took my request and told me that WITHIN 48 HOURS it will get done. So I had to go asking another coworker of mine to do what he could to get it as workable as possible while the official enablers arrive. I can use it, but it's a freaking pain in the behind, since it's giving a lot of problems to just remain open. :-P

The day isn't over, but I had to blog, not only because I haven't been assigned a work yet, but also because to I did tried to change the timezone of my blog, I couldn't do so without having the rest of the posts. Tried to look up for help, but Blogger.com got so unfriendly and unusable, that I couldn't find an answer to my question, so had to leave the question on the forum.

This forum thing is the worse thing I can think of. I mean, topics just shower on you, and the searches bring up lots of unrelevant information as well. Anyway, I hope I can fix this soon. I'd love to blog at night, just like I do it at home, otherwise I'll have to do it in the mornings again and thus flod you with breakfast-related topics. :-P We shall see.

No comments: