Aug 12, 2012

Task Done

I'm done, dea, not-live, kaput, finita, oscisa... "don't call me, I'll call you". I just finished compiling the list of all the books I have in Hungary. All mine, because I won't even go on listing also my boyfriend's, though I started to. Since I'm flying on Wednesday morning, this had to be done this weekend or my last two days (this year) in Hungary would be a veritable horror show.

As I logged the books in the excel sheet, I've got a desperate feeling, as suddenly I wanted to read right away many of them, or at least take them with me to Costa Rica. I've so many great books! I've lost of cool things - if I may say so - so the whole process of selecting and packing has been beyong taxing. This reminded me of that exercise where you must try and give up something from your life that's holding you back, or when you have taken too many responsabilities and you need to let go of a few: How do you make the choice?

Sometimes certain things in our life are not clearly good or clearly bad, and when we feel that we can't keep up with everything, we can't make a decision about what must be left out. In many cases, the question isn't either as easy as packing things in a suitcase, where you can relay to logic and reason, and select things by asking yourself "what do I want to accomplish?" and "What do I need to reach my goals?". Sometimes the decisions are hard and the process is tiresome and murky, but keep your head up, take a break and go back to the task, because it can be managed. Even the biggest, largest, longest task can be completed.

Blessings to all!

No comments: