Sep 8, 2012

Lightning Shaked Saturday

From sunny to clouded and lightning linen, today looks a lot like a day with bipolar issues. And dear Hyne, what the hell happened to my weekend?? I remember still being in Hungary and spending quiet little weekends - maybe even wishing for weekdays so I could see my beloved Korean series - but now! Now I spend weekdays hoping for weekends - just like any regular, normal, decent and self-respecting employee does - and when the weekend comes I have a week's worth of plans and programs and no idea how to have them all done! Yes, planning, planning, all can be solved with proper planning and organizing, but sometimes an Ubiquity Pill would help a lot. At days like this I wish I were already retired.

Today's plans included going to the seamtress to get three pairs of slacks fixed, because somehow I have lost... well, if not weight, I sure have slid off my frame a couple of sizes. One of the slacks I took for fixing had already been fixed, which made the woman widen her eyes in amazement. I just smiled, but when I saw how much had to be taken off the slack to fit me I couldn't believe it. It's at least two inches from the waist!

Then I also checked a local bead store to get some supplies for my next project, and once again realized that they sell garbage. I needed some hooks, but the hooks they sold were so badly planned that they don't open. Don't get me wrong, they do move, only both parts of the hook never slide far enough to fit anything between them. From there I roamed here and there, went to the Post Office, then visited my DVD rental -where there was nothing, as usual - and then home, just in time to avoid the 2 minute pouring, which was preceded by lightnings like you have never seen before. It was like energy trees planted on the sky were shooting their powerful white roots from above into the Earth. It was scary.

Further plans include meeting with my fellow Heredian Tweeters at 15h for a coffee, sharing news and tweeting live, under the #tuiterosheredianos hashtag, and then meet with Carrie and Kate at 17h. Hopefully I can get them to meet at a different location since I need to fix a couple of things for next Thursday, when my friend Alix will be celebrating her birthday, for which I'd like to get her an appointment for a mini spa treatment. If I can't get Carrie and Kate to meet me at the new place I'll have to arrive at our meeting later, but in any case I need to meet them! Not only because I already miss them, but because Carrie has White Collar Eps for me, and I really, really need those!

Still have lots of things to fix and arrange, but I'll manage the rest of the load later, for now, I'll see how can I handle these.

Blessed weekend for all!

No comments: