Sep 25, 2012

Simple Pleasures

I've been knitting again. Recently I decided to make myself a cloche hat, which I crochetted from olive coloured yarn. I haven't done any chrochetting or knitting in quite a while, and truth to be told, I enjoy it a lot. So, decided to enjoy again the experience, I added it to my List of 13, and so my new hat was born. Now, when I've got the olive yarn, I also purchased some mixed yarn - one of those that have different colors -  because the mix was interesting. I call this the "avocado mix" yarn, because it has the colours of avocado. The rest of the mixed yarns were all ugly and basically in the scope of vomit with different degrees of aging.

As you know from a previous entry, the avocado yarn was intended to become a hat as well, but it didn't happen as it was too thick for a hat, so I started knitting it (knitting gives you a thinner fabric than crochetting), and now it seems like it's going to become a jumper. A friend on mine told me that though she loves knitted and chocheted things, she never learned to neither knit or crochet because the person who would have taught her wanted to force her to learn. Well, I guess this wouldn't work for her. Forcing skills or knowledge upon others never comes out well. Just because you enjoy plaiyng the guitar it doesn't mean you have to forcibly make others love it too.

However, just because someone finds mental peace and happiness in something, it doesn't mean it only exists there. We all have simple pleasures. Isn't it about time we lure them back into our life?

No comments: