Sep 29, 2012

Weekend of Rain and Stuff

Weekend, yes! And if you checked my blog three minutes before midnight, Central European Time, then that's all you would have read. Well, that's what you get when you can't fix the schedule of your blog PROPERLY. but I won't rant this time around, I have a new-ish haircut and I'm happy, so I won't rant about Blogger.

The week at work ended up quite interesting, with lots and lots of work to do, which is great, because that means more and more stuff to keep myself occupied, and all of them are of the very kind I love the most: analyzing and trying to figure out what's not being said. It's economics CSI! Money Detective work! and have I told you just how much I enjoy that? Very.

I also had a little bit of "fun day" all by my own, though I didn't go to the movies, but instead I went on checking an old excentricity store I discovered some 30 years ago, which was packed with crystals, jewelry made from it at rather accesible prices, and witchcraft stuff. Needless to say, I was drawn to it like flies to honey. However yesterday I realized that the store has become another Chinese artifact store. Chinese amulets, Chinese traditional clothing, Chinese statues... and the only not-so-evidently-Chinese thing was a shelve in a glass counter filled with potions and magical soaps. long gone were the pendulums, the Tarot Decks and all other strange things I loved to stare at. That was a bummer. Now I don't have any witchy store I know of which I could think of and let my imagination run wild conjuring up the lives of the people stopping by. I guess I could still buy the stuff I always bought there, the jewelry and the crystals, but then again, with the store turned into a "chinería" as we call them here, it lost interest for me.

There are other witchcraft stores around, some of which I visited once with an acquintance of mine who back then was neck deep in black magic (and Dragonfly-cr knows her too...), but those stores seem to me a little bit... creepy. It's like the one I loved to go to was also creepy, but a bit more... The Craft shop like, while these others are more The Skeleton Key shop like. One has witches, the other might have a couple of zombies tucked in the closet. And yes, I'm curious, but I honestly prefer places more hippie-vibe like, instead of the "this is how you get rid of the lover your husband is keeping". Who knows, maybe it's the Christian in me saying "Yes, God is in everything, but that's no reason for you to be in everything too, so you get the fuck out of there and just run, run until you run into a cross". I'm a chicken, sometimes. (However, no matter how much some stores scare me, I fully support every religion in the world, even if initially they sound weird, like Jedism and Matrixism.)

After my encounter with China-invaded-Pagan store, I went on around the center of the Capital City - which has changed since I was last around - and went to an old cafe-bar I used o love. There I ordered my cocktail of the week: vodka and Red Bull. It was good, it was nice, it was sweet, and I hope the next time I order it they don't forget the vodka out of it. It was sheer joy to be there, alone, going through some work, while the world buzzed around me. It was also quite fascinating to witness how the girls on the table next to mine, who had been there longer than me, received a rather poor service, while I was attended to perfection. As a matter of fact, they not only complained that they had to wait 30 minutes for their cocktails while mine arrived in 10 minutes, BUT that I've got an order of fried green bananas (patacones), while they had also ordered the same and after 20 minutes were told there were none and had to order something else. By the way, yes, they were right in complaining for not getting the patacones, because they were HEAVENLY!

Today I woke up and was 2 kg heavier. Doesn't matter, the patacones worth it. Took mom to the University - I love driving her to work ^_^ - then worked a little bit on the Scrapbook project I started doing for her, but that's nowhere near to being finished, AND then decided to go do some errands. I was SUPPOSED to take Hyperion to the vet, but the cunning cat took his leave when he suspected that a caged trip was looming dangerously over his head. So instead I went and had other errands done, such as preparing some music CDs for a friend of mine. She had shared with me some of her favorite Jewish or pop-Jewish music, and I told her that, well, all I could share with her was Pagan music, and she said she would be interested, so I prepared her a small compilation. I don't have enough Yoga music to compile a CD for her, nor enough Arabic, and then Pagan music is in English (what I have) and it's quite interesting and not everybody knows about it, so there. :-) This is an errand for me, because I don't have a proper CD burner here at home, so errand it is.

Then I went to ask about a small presentation about turning what's negative into positive, but in the end I didn't attend it. Yeah, the reason being that I went to my hairdresser, and since she's moving from her current location to another shop, several of her customers were there waiting for her. I needed my cut NOW, since this is a Full Moon day (today, actually), and I'd love my hair to get a bit thicker (I'm working on getting rid of my layered style and have a fuller mane), and folklore or not, I wanted my hair done now.

I decided also to change my hairstyle. Still long, but something different, as the European style just wasn't cooperating with me anymore. So after talking it over with my hairdresser, we decided to go for a full mane in the back, work on recovering full lenght with no layer, but do a layering up around my face, much like a 90's style. Then as I was getting out of the shop it started to rain and my hair went up in big curls, as it usually does, so I don't know if it does look like what we wanted from it. If not, in 6 week, when I go again, but this time to the new shop, we will have the frayed layers removed and a long side bang cut in it's place.

Now, I gara go, I'm late for yet another day of fun, meeting with Kate and Carrie with whom it's all good cocktails (except that I'm driving) and loads of White Collar and gaping about other similar eye candy and goodies.

No comments: