Sep 2, 2012

Restful Weekend

The weekend is slowly reaching an end. It's a weekend with a beautiful Full Moon, a particular one to it - a Blue Moon. (The Blue Moon is basically the second full moon withing a month, and believe it or not, this isn't a very common happening.) I was expecting to meet with some friends but we didn't because one of them got sick. Weather, with the impending rains that only showered lightly, kind of crossed my plans to go to the movies.

Today, however, my friend Lau and I went to yoga - as usual - and had a wonderful time at it. It got me also thinking that I haven't done any private meditation this week, and that could be awesome. I've got a CD with guided meditations last week at the yoga fair, so maybe, as I'm staying home today, waiting for my hair to dry without using a hair dryer (I'm treating my hair with organic products made from coconut and olive oil, while avoiding all sorts of tools that might burn my hair, such as the hairdryer or even the straightener), and preparing to finish a letter while the first letter I've received here - since I arrived - is already waiting for me. Lau also showed me her scrapbook, where she has incorporated the pictures of her latest trip to the States, and it made me think of the scrapbook I started preparing for my Mom, which I've never finished, and which I'd like to work on now. I'm just feeling quite creative, or maybe I shall say that I'm feeling simply inspired, bursting with the desire to do thing, wonderful, pretty things.

Yoga, meditation, penpals and movies, scrapbook, stories and a bit of music... isn't this weekend just wonderful?

No comments: