Apr 24, 2008

Benetton Again

So, maybe I'm "residually depressed". Only that could explain yesterday. Now, "residually depressed" is not a clinical term, but I would like to propose it as a way to refer to when you are getting out of a depression and you are feeling better, yet you have certain "typical depressed" behavior patterns still going on. Residually, of course. Well, then again I could be depressed because I have been trying again to find some Viktor/Cedric fiction with no avail. But could that be the cause for slamming it at a Benetton. Not like I don't totally deserve those skirts and that dress, but DAMNED, ain't even my birthday and I broke my last standing spending record?


No, that's not the dress, but I'll be making sure to get my hands on it, even if I have to blackmail the salesgirls and the store manager to get me one. Love the colors, just love the faded, dull, smokey colors it has. It opposes to "perky" and "happy" with a distinctive urban dismissiveness and cold, but polite brutality. Soft in fabric, as soft is every human being, but dressing up the colors of a cold indifferent atitude, which is the urban, metropolitan, city-atitude that brands us all.

I have here a post-it with a quote from a friend of mine, Shimmy.

"There's nothing worse that trying to be cool without a sense of style."

Clothes, not unexpensive clothes, remind me always of certain people I've had the distinctive displeasure of meeting at one time or another of my life. The fashion victims. These people rush into getting this or that and be always "in", depending on the fleeting, money-pushed, clueless pointers sprayed around by fashion rag magazines, as if their entire sense of self depended on what to wear. Which colors are in, which accesories are in, which designers and designs are in. So I've been agains the balloon style and found it terribly hideous? Yes I did. Put a balloon dress on a stick-like model and I'll hate it each time. And then again, just take a look. Overly puffy clothes wrapped around wire-thin legs make the models look like a badly wrapped lollipop.

The balloon-style was not my cuppa until yesterday I stumbled across this soft, legére cotton skirt designed by Benetton. Fairly short, may I say, since it reaches to my mid thighs, yet incredibly comfortable. I tried it out just for the fun of it, and seeing it on me, feeling it I loved it immediatelly. I guess I only had to wait for it to be right, to grow on me naturally. It's a process that takes time, yet not always happens. Like a piece of a puzzle, if it is a fit for you, you will accept it, otherwise, keep on hating it. However, lots of people put things on because they are in, because they thing they must validate themselves and become socially acceptable by being fashion fiends. Hey, put some thought in it, would you?

Some people are no more than hangers.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

Honey, ya no like da colla, ya let it sliiiiide! ^_^ Fashion is out there to please us, not the other way around. We are the ones with the wallets, with the money, and those bitches should do as we say.

Where are you watching the Sacred Sport, RUGBY? You must share that information with me? You saw Percy Montgomery, Brian Havana or your personal player?