Apr 10, 2008

Quick-Note

For some reason I'm relying more and more, much ot my chagrin, on Harry Potter examples to give my boss a different point of view. Today he "tried" to explain me what was this "surprise your client" principle from "The Experience!" book, which I have also read, and as if I had not understood it the first time. (Does he think I'm two?) I guess it was his excuse to talk more about cars, so he sprung into a tale about how BMW surprises his clients by making modifications to existing cars instead of making new cars each year. As if this were not enough, he went on and on about the stuff that comes out about the topic of the modified BMW cars in the Car-Magazines... Okay, ME staring blank forward means I'm long ago not listening. He doesn't get it.

So, in order to keep from dying of boredom and cut the talk, go back to my office, I offered him a new example: Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling kept people interested by making them guess what would happen next. If I were like him, I would have made an example with Swatch, and how the enterprise makes collections and creates new watches, new styles, has topics, include stories to some collections and issues Swatch Club Member Only watches. OR I could have been REALLY MEAN and tell him for instance how J.D. Langley keeps her readers on their toes, wondering with the werewolf books and who will be the next gay wolf couple, who is an alpha, who mightbe an omega and wover, wonder who will be the bottom and what would be the "kink-du-jour". Oh, I can be nasty if I want to!

People still think he's very, very rude and I was amazed to find out that a lot of people avoid him because they think he's too crass. I found smiles around me when they knew he had met a match in me: I smack back. I still feel a bit bad with him. I smack too hard sometimes.

Wrote an article for the office-newspaper. Let's see how it turns out. Finished a report... quite some more to go. Let's see what this brings. I'm going forward, tackling the job.

Now I'm going home.

No comments: