Aug 5, 2008

I was sent to this "Harvard Negotiation Workshop"... second part. What a joke. Me, on negotiation. Well, nogotiate this: there was a part where I was supposed to negotiate alone, paired up with no other than Vicky. I wasn't gonna go through all the bullshit. I knew my numbers, checked my position, and knew where I was willing to go.

"Lets caught to the chase," I told her at once "what do you want?"

She made me an offer that was reasonable and was within the limits I considered fair, so I agreed. Why not? And it was a good deal. So, by going forward, me knowing my counterpart and playing on my part of "look, lets just save eachother the pain, you and I are professionals, lets get a good deal for us", I just got what I wanted, she got what se wanted and all in two minutes flat, while others took thirty minutes and smacked around getting poor deals. There's one thing people should understand: paying a handsome amount of money for a "negotiation seminar" won't make you a better negotiator, or make you know hoy to do it, just like paying a seminar of leadership won't make you a leader: it's something for which you have to be inclined to, something that comes from deep inside you. You have it or you don't. Furthermore, you need that little thing called "emotional intelligence" to do it, and if you don't have it, sorry mate, but ya ain't gonna do it, no matter how much money you put down into it.

So, all in all, it's a HUGE waste of time and resources.

Fuck, I could be doing some work and then some.

Oh well, I thought I owed you a picture of my newest collectible items, so I enclose you a pic of it.

1 comment:

Storm Bunny said...

They do make such beautiful lighters!!! I can't stop myself from buying one each time I see something pretty! And in order to rationalize it, I think I always need a lighter to light my oil burner, candles or so.