Dec 22, 2008

Eating in Wien

It has been my belief for quite a while now, that Vienna (Wien) is one of those places, where people live very calmly and very, very slowly. Either it is regarded like the little "red neck attachment" to Germany, or people here are not prone to stay out of home after work.

I arrived today sometime past 16 hr to Wien, and sometime past 17 hr to my beloved hotel, which I must say, remains as perfect and as beautiful, sporting ravishing Hungarian receptionists as usual. The room is small and beautiful, the kind of place you could call home, and the bathroom is... the kind of space you could call SPA. My mind is made, Hotel Continental will be forever the place I'll stay in when I'm in Wien.

Instead of going right away to have some diner, like I wrote to Jules, I went up to check if there was any Internet in the hotel, and there was, and I felt complied to check on my dear friend Gitta's blog (some awesome note on Penicilin-bread sold at the local convenience store), and then I wrote my very first impressions on Wien in my Hungarian blog, with s a small, annoyed stop at the kind of cattle that travels on the Volánbusz to this sweet city. Some people should be prohibited from any contact with the world. They are just that pissing. Then again, anyways, what kind of Granny eats supper at 17 hr? My aunt shouldn't be counted in. Then again, I'm the "lunch at 15, 16 h because I have no time and I want to avoid the lunch crowd", so I ain't no standard to measure the Universe. Anyway, I spent some quality time and so, and ended up getting up to score food at 19 hr. I checked the fliers at the reception to pick a place to eat. There wasn't much to choose from, and I wasn't ordering a "call girl to take" for supper. Nor was I interested in a lap dance. However, someone left a booklet from the Vienna Visit Card, which I didn't get, AGAIN, and I checked it fro places. There was this very cool looking place, the Bagel Station. Hey, talk to me about bagels, I'm the Bagellina! I'm crazy for bagels! Sure, sure, it's not the most Viennesian thing to eat, but I wanted soemthing light.

That "something light" turned out to be closed at 19 hr! The Hell, with this people! I managed my way through two metro lines, made ma calculations, got lost on the street, and they dare to close on me. So I went looking for some food to score, and all I could see was the Golden Arches of McDonald's. Man, that would really be a bitch, to eat at McDonald's the first meal in Wien. However I saw a funny green sign and thought it could be food, and I was right! Leupold! Awesome place, great food... and such obnoxious waiters. One for drinks, one for foood, and since my German is sadly reduced due to the lack of a dictionary, I was forced to use English (would be happier using French, but no avail). People can be really... unpleasant. I am disappointed.

Nice place, but I doubt I'll eat here again.

No comments: