Nov 17, 2012

Late Post

It's 21:54 and I'm tired. This has been a very productive day, having made several lanwyarns and earrings, most of which are all for others, not for me. Wonder if I'll be able to actually make some money out of them, such as my friend Roo suggests. Well, all I can do at this point is try, right? Many coworkers have already expressed interest for them, so why not give it a shot?

But giving it a shot isn't an easy as the business of beads is a tricky one. I've made myself a new lawnyarn  with little green stars. I wanted to make more, but I didn't have enough stars either in green or any other color. So I went to the bead store and there were no more stars. Actually there were no beads from any kind I used to buy a year ago. They were all new beads. So this time I grabbed a couple of beads (a coworker said she would like butterflies, so I grabbed a couple of three different types) and made some "samples" so if anyone is interested they can pick the type of bead and maybe have them in a different color. We shall see then how it goes on Monday, see if I can sell some or at least get a couple of orders. :-) Then I'll make some more and give those I haven't sold to my friend Lau, so she can wear them and "market" them among her coworkers. I can't really market them myself, for I'm using lawnyarns made out of beads you can no longer get, or beads you wouldn't get in here for I brought them from Hungary or Roo sends me from the States. Oh, the purple butterflies will be shipped to Roo for she loves purple and butterflies and wants me to make her one of these lawnyarns.

Other than that, today I posted a letter to a dear friend (hello Arjen!), as well as the Franklin Covey inserts I offered in y previous post. I also got myself three sleeping gowns. I've one, silky, in Budapest, but other than that I haven't had a sleeping gown in ages. I normally sleep in pyjamas or an old T-shirt and some comfy track suit bottoms. These are long t-shirt type with funny inscriptions. One says "espresso yourself" and the other says "grumpy but gorgeous". Well, both fit me to perfection ^_^, specially the grumpy part. Just ask my boyfriend ^_^ I'm the worse morning person in the world. I bet I'm even murder-capable in the morning.

Then, I also got myself - finally! - a printer, exactly like the one we've in Budapest, except on American code, or Latin American code, I'm not sure, it has TX instead of SX, and stocked up with coloured glue and coloured pilots for the scrapbooking/artbox supply. With nephews like the ones I have, art supplies are consuption goods, they are finished like milk glasses.

However, by 10 pm I'm dead meat, so I'll blog, try a printing and hit the bed.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: